Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 12:07 PM

2,879 posts, read 7,778,755 times

Advertisements

I hope the mods don't move this. I own property in Phoenix,and have logged many years in the Valley. Today, I had three fillings and a cleaning by a DDS. The cost was 70 USD. Unfortunately, the crown done by a mexican dentist will have to be redone. Let's pray, I don't need a root canal. Otherwise, 200USD for a new crown to replace the bad workmanship from Nogales. Why are Phoenix Dentist so expensive? Why are there so many people with horrible teeth working with the public?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2010, 12:31 PM

1,128 posts, read 1,645,288 times
Aren't all dentists expensive?
I just paid $400 to fill a deep cavity and put a crown. The so-called ins I had at my last job didn't cover it
Luckily the dentist I have is cool with me and let me make payments or I would have been scre^&*!

Old 10-11-2010, 01:06 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,160,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khuntrevor View Post
I hope the mods don't move this. I own property in Phoenix,and have logged many years in the Valley. Today, I had three fillings and a cleaning by a DDS. The cost was 70 USD. Unfortunately, the crown done by a mexican dentist will have to be redone. Let's pray, I don't need a root canal. Otherwise, 200USD for a new crown to replace the bad workmanship from Nogales. Why are Phoenix Dentist so expensive? Why are there so many people with horrible teeth working with the public?
I don't think $70 is expensive for the work you described. And $200 for a good crown is a bargain.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:11 PM

1,034 posts, read 4,392,163 times
I have the "elite" level dental coverage from my employer and still pay about $300 per filling so it sounds like you got a bargain. Then again, you get what you pay for.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:25 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,483,817 times
I thought $70 for 1 filling is cheap. Sounds like you got a bargain.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:06 PM

1,551 posts, read 3,645,239 times
That is a bargain. I'll need a bit of dental work shortly so can you tell me which dentist gave you that deal?

Old 10-11-2010, 04:15 PM

952 posts, read 942,371 times
Quote:

What has 100 legs,

...and 3 teeth?

the front row at a Willie Nelson concert.

just kidding Willie,

'cause all by myself...I've got 5!

Old 10-11-2010, 05:03 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,251,717 times
Yeah, I don't think the amount you paid for the work you just did is expensive. It's a friggin' steal of you ask me.

Dental work in general costs an arm and a leg. I'm looking at $5K total to take a tooth out and put a new one in. Not a happy camper.

Old 10-11-2010, 05:37 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,294,643 times
Quote:
Do you know how much it costs to become a dentist? The tuition at most dental schools exceed 30K per year. It's more than medical school. NYU Dental is over 70K per year in tuition alone. And say what you will but this country provides the best training in the health care industry. I would not trust my health care to a Mexican dentist let alone a Mexican doctor because they are not trained the same and don't endure the same rigorous standards. You get what you pay for.

That being said, you should definitely shop around and not just accept the first estimate or treatment plan a dentist provides because they vary tremendously from one dentist to the next.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:04 PM

11,032 posts, read 6,870,183 times
I've found a great dentist through this website actually, and listen -- I agree with azriverrfan it costs a lot to become a dentist and maintain a state of the art office. There is a dental hygienist who posted on this site a couple years ago and that's how I found my current office after just moving here. I was there today. My dentist showed me what was wrong with my mouth and there was no b.s. They are very professional, friendly and work with budgets. Also they know about insurance so you can pick the right plan for you. I've been to those Tijuana dentists. It's a long trip, scary and you don't know whether it will last. Not knocking TJ dentists, but really it seems you get what you pay for. I'm glad I found a good dentist with a great office right here in Phoenix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area