Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 08:48 AM

183 posts, read 550,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertskies View Post
Would Qwest would lose the DirecTV franchise on their bundled services?
Probably not, it's all done with a contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoptoit987 View Post
Has no competition?

Dish Network blows it away.
I agree.
I've been with dish for about14 years, and have only had 1 problem that was resolved.
And now Dish offers Qwest titanium hi-speed (12mbps), for $40 dollars a month. That's cheaper than what Qwest is offering it through themselves. When my hi-speed contract is complete in August, I will dump Qwest, and get a faster Qwest through Dish, unless they match.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 08:59 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,824,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0zac View Post
I feel really weird saying it, but "I love Cox"...

Me too.
No problems so far for me in Nevada.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:15 PM

711 posts, read 1,858,150 times
Florida has a cable competition model Arizona should consider using. You have both Bright House and Verizon FIOS competing in Tampa (and I believe Orlando), for example. Unfortunately FIOS will never come to Maricopa County since it wasn't a GTE market. Cox's HDTV offering is pretty good, though, better than Comcast's I think.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:10 AM

13 posts, read 24,798 times
Default cox cable

qwest is DSL did you hear they were going broadband?
if they are WOOHOO
But seems if they were they would have by now
a friend tested my speed on broadband and then we went to his house and tested his Qwest DSL and they were the same speed. Although....I just replaced a sun damaged cable and my PC flies now

Old 11-03-2012, 10:22 AM

4,866 posts, read 11,238,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udoshia View Post
qwest is DSL did you hear they were going broadband?
if they are WOOHOO
But seems if they were they would have by now
a friend tested my speed on broadband and then we went to his house and tested his Qwest DSL and they were the same speed. Although....I just replaced a sun damaged cable and my PC flies now
You're bringing back threads that are years old. Century Link has already acquired Qwest and they offer DSL. This old thread was speculation prior to the acquisition taking place.

Last edited by LBTRS; 11-03-2012 at 10:44 AM..

Old 11-03-2012, 05:16 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,710,579 times
Funny to see my old post surfacing again.

As it happens, I've been in a fight with Qwest/Century Link for the better part of the year about my telephone, with absolutely everyone dropping the ball at every level - billing, customer service, repair desk, field technicians.

So much for my hopes that it would be a competent company.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:50 PM

157 posts, read 453,773 times
I think Centurylink turned to garbage when it went from Qwest to Centurylink. When the Centurylink website itself is either down or full of errors almost every time I try to pay my bill or look something up, you know there's a problem.

I think I will be switching back to Cox in a month or two.

Old 11-06-2012, 05:32 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,462,871 times
My experience with Century Link has been entirely good, on one occasion extraordinarily so. Haven't ever been with Cox for phone, been a long time for TV. None of this means I wouldn't SNC haven't considered switching.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:30 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,049,999 times
We had CenturyTel for about 2 years where we last lived until Broadband became readily available then we switched as fast as we could. CenturyTel (there) was absolutely bar none the worst you could get. Yes it was cheaper and good only if you liked being kicked off your connection regularly,reverting to dialup speeds or worse several times a week and outages that lasted way too long and horrid customer service.

I wouldn't expect any better here unfortunately.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:00 AM

131 posts, read 345,357 times
I think they both have their issues, I had Cox for the last 12 years but this last move I had from Mesa to Scottsdale put me over the top. I cancelled all of my service through them and went to Directv for TV and CenturyLink for phone and internet. So far so good but I am sure that I will find my far share of issues with them as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area