Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2010, 06:57 PM

32 posts, read 111,560 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if there's another alternative to paying $30 for parking for a concert at the Cricket Pavilion. We are being charged online $15 for parking plus the $15 for shipping. Is there a cheaper, more reasonable alternative? We live in the East Valley so we have no idea about other options. Any help/suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 09:06 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,431,214 times
Why do you need to have anything "shipped"? I haven't been there in a long time, but I would think you could pay for parking at the gate. Unless things have changed in recent years, there are not good options for parking off the property.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:27 PM

310 posts, read 1,160,875 times
you only need to pay if you are parking in the VIP section...otherwise parking is free

Old 10-20-2010, 01:43 AM

152 posts, read 521,023 times
I went there in November 2006 to see Motley Crue and Aerosmith, free parking, but I did hear a woman in her car moaning about why she could not park in a area, and the attendant said this is the VIP area, get out!

Beware, if it's a big concert, traffic will be bad everywhere.

I-10 was all jammed up from people exiting at 83rd Ave, and 75th Ave, as well as those streets trying to get the cars in single file through a few areas.

On that concert I left early because I live in Queen Creek and had to be up at 4:30 to take off for work.

Next concert was Rush in summer 2007, left a little early but lots of people were, and it was a parking lot for about a half hour!

Old 10-20-2010, 11:05 AM

Thanks everyone for the input. I might just go there this weekend to check the area out.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:57 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,431,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBreeze View Post
Thanks everyone for the input. I might just go there this weekend to check the area out.
Going there when the place is empty will not give you a good idea of how bad the traffic flow is when everyone is leaving if it's a big crowd. I don't know if it's been made any better since I was last there for a concert, but I have a vivid memory of feeling like a cow in a squeeze chute when the crowd was being "guided" through the exits, and then being in the car forever trying to get out of the parking lot.

Old 10-24-2010, 10:07 AM

I think really bad traffic in the parking lots is the norm in major concerts, but I have been wanting to go to one since we moved here three years ago, so I'm quite prepared to get stuck in the car for at least 30 minutes. lol! I just got my tickets the other day, and it was marked "VIP" and that parking was included in the ticket price. I sure am glad I waited and did not order the parking ticket separately. I would've felt like a fool. lol!

Old 10-25-2010, 10:25 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,229,847 times
Cricket is relatively easy in and easy out ........ from my experience the biggest bottleneck can be getting into the venue depending on where you hit traffic ....... depending on where you are coming from you can avoid some of this .... if you are on thomas road there is a little street that runs next to the macayos on the western part of the desert sky mall ...... that usually has no traffic and will run you right into the lots
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area