Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 05:55 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,168,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnicAZ View Post
Would recommend waiting, as home values in the Phoenix area are falling very quickly. If you were to buy soon, you would be catching a falling knife. Home values have fallen more than 9.2% in the past 2 months alone, and October's numbers look poor as well. Trying to give you an honest assessment of market conditions, that some others with conflicts of interest are not giving.
Do you ever tire of banging the same old drum, day after day on these forums? This person is not talking about investing. Just because your commissions are smaller these days, it's no reason to keep repeating the same old gloom and doom to potential buyers.

If someone's in the Phoenix metro area, wants to buy a home, then they should do so. It's not just an investment, it's where they plan to live, for goodness sakes. Income property? OK, fine, wait and see. But to pass up the perfect house for you, on the perfect street, with the perfect floor plan, all because of home values? Shortsighted and stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 09:45 PM

860 posts, read 2,718,689 times
Quote:
Would recommend waiting, as home values in the Phoenix area are falling very quickly. If you were to buy soon, you would be catching a falling knife. Home values have fallen more than 9.2% in the past 2 months alone, and October's numbers look poor as well. Trying to give you an honest assessment of market conditions, that some others with conflicts of interest are not giving.
His parents are 85 and 93. He should wait, really?

I had checked out Scottsdale previous to relocating to Gilbert and recently visited Fountain Hills, 20 mins to N Scottsdale, and was surprised to find out that homes were rather affordable when compared to central or N Scottsdale.
There are lots of seniors there, its lovely and the air is cleaner and its a bit cooler I hear.

How wonderful of you to care for your parents, all the best!

Old 10-29-2010, 10:20 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,462,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
Do you ever tire of banging the same old drum, day after day on these forums? This person is not talking about investing. Just because your commissions are smaller these days, it's no reason to keep repeating the same old gloom and doom to potential buyers.

If someone's in the Phoenix metro area, wants to buy a home, then they should do so. It's not just an investment, it's where they plan to live, for goodness sakes. Income property? OK, fine, wait and see. But to pass up the perfect house for you, on the perfect street, with the perfect floor plan, all because of home values? Shortsighted and stupid.
Agreed, in every respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hart4july View Post
His parents are 85 and 93. He should wait, really?

I had checked out Scottsdale previous to relocating to Gilbert and recently visited Fountain Hills, 20 mins to N Scottsdale, and was surprised to find out that homes were rather affordable when compared to central or N Scottsdale.
There are lots of seniors there, its lovely and the air is cleaner and its a bit cooler I hear.

How wonderful of you to care for your parents, all the best!
True. As stated above, this is NOT an investment purchase, but homes to LIVE in, including a home for elderly parents. No time to wait for the gloom and doom EnicAZ is so "invested" in (pardon the pun) to pass.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:38 PM

523 posts, read 938,411 times
Thank you for the comments.

I agree that there is a difference between investing, and getting a house to live in. In either situation, not wanting to lose a lot of money is something most people want to do. Buying when prices are quickly falling does not make a lot of sense to most people. People would rather buy close to the bottom, rather than throw away money.

People would rather spend the money that would be lost on trips to Europe, buying a new car, fine dining, and gifts for taking care of loved ones. Donations to charity is another option. There are many alternatives for people besides buying while prices are high and falling. There are a huge number and wide variety of large, ready, and empty rental houses constantly waiting throughout the Valley.

Old 10-30-2010, 06:20 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,168,978 times
Quote:
Thank you for the comments.

I agree that there is a difference between investing, and getting a house to live in. In either situation, not wanting to lose a lot of money is something most people want to do. Buying when prices are quickly falling does not make a lot of sense to most people. People would rather buy close to the bottom, rather than throw away money.

People would rather spend the money that would be lost on trips to Europe, buying a new car, fine dining, and gifts for taking care of loved ones. Donations to charity is another option. There are many alternatives for people besides buying while prices are high and falling. There are a huge number and wide variety of large, ready, and empty rental houses constantly waiting throughout the Valley.
Do you even bother to read the posts before you spew this nonsense? The o/p's parents are 85 and 93. They should rent because of current home values? It's rather unlikely they'll be planning trips to Europe or buying new cars again...

Old 10-30-2010, 12:39 PM

660 posts, read 1,398,782 times
Quote:
LOL! I admire your perseverance! And I feel I have to agree with you based on my own research.

Old 10-30-2010, 01:19 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,523,678 times
Quote:
I admire your perseverance!
There is a fine line between perserverance and delusion....

Old 10-30-2010, 01:22 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,010,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJoeD View Post
No you are not dreaming. Both are very doable. I like the area near Hayden and Shea. Close enough to all amenities, far enough to not worry about crime, gangs, etc. Nice area for trees, some grass, well established with both families and seniors. Look in this area.
Oh, please. Enough. There was a stabbing two blocks down from my house yesterday and I live in N. Scottsdale. And within a couple miles of Hayden and Shea.

Sure, the victims knew the perps, and I'm smarter than to know anyone capable of something like this, but still...two blocks away from my house.

Let's be honest here.

Old 10-31-2010, 05:26 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,462,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
Do you even bother to read the posts before you spew this nonsense? The o/p's parents are 85 and 93. They should rent because of current home values? It's rather unlikely they'll be planning trips to Europe or buying new cars again...
True. What might be useful information for other house hunters just doesn't fit so well in this situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysovereign View Post
LOL! I admire your perseverance! And I feel I have to agree with you based on my own research.
See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Oh, please. Enough. There was a stabbing two blocks down from my house yesterday and I live in N. Scottsdale. And within a couple miles of Hayden and Shea.

Sure, the victims knew the perps, and I'm smarter than to know anyone capable of something like this, but still...two blocks away from my house.

Let's be honest here.
Please. No area is COMPLETELY devoid of crime, and no one is saying that. But, most of us who live in safe areas don't go about our lives "worrying" about crime in our home area. The stabbing in your neighborhood is indeed unfortunate, but it says NOTHING about the area, only about the people involved. Crimes like that between people who know one another, in a domestic situation or some other context, can happen in the safest, securest communities. So, I don't think anyone is hot being "honest".

Old 10-31-2010, 04:58 PM

660 posts, read 1,398,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Please. No area is COMPLETELY devoid of crime, and no one is saying that. But, most of us who live in safe areas don't go about our lives "worrying" about crime in our home area. The stabbing in your neighborhood is indeed unfortunate, but it says NOTHING about the area, only about the people involved. Crimes like that between people who know one another, in a domestic situation or some other context, can happen in the safest, securest communities. So, I don't think anyone is hot being "honest".
I have to agree with this! There was a home invasion in a town in Connecticut that is considered to be a very nice safe area:
Connecticut Home Invasion: Could Steven Hayes Escape Execution? - Crimesider - CBS News

Things like this happen even in good, safe areas, so although avoiding the ghetto is obvious, sometimes you just have to be aware of your surroundings and take normal precautions. Also, it is important who you get close to as many times violence happens among family members and friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area