Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 02:30 PM

6 posts, read 6,598 times

Advertisements

I am 18 years old i have no Credit, so its kinda hard to find and get into a decent place. It's not that i cant afford to get a nicer place its that i cant get into one being a new renter and two being young and no rental history. Don't judge me on my age.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:34 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,168,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrytendent10 View Post
I am 18 years old i have no Credit, so its kinda hard to find and get into a decent place. It's not that i cant afford to get a nicer place its that i cant get into one being a new renter and two being young and no rental history. Don't judge me on my age.
Would it be OK to judge you on your writing skills? There is no such word as "tendant," unless that's your last name. I could go on, but probably shouldn't.

Your landlord has a legal obligation to make your apartment habitable. Others have given you good advice about finding out your rights as a tenant. Best wishes to you. From the looks of it, you're going to need it.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:49 PM

2,154 posts, read 5,184,408 times
Quote:
Okay so heres the deal, i just recently signed a 9 month lease for my apartment and since day one (literally) we have had nothing but problems, since the move in date. They assured us everything was fine and fixed, but wouldn't show it to us before we moved in.

#1. i walked in the "dens" sliding glass door was broken out (fixed it that day cuz we b***hed them out), problem #2. the refrigerator had BUGS and MAGGOTS in it (made them get us a new one asap) #3. my AC was not working and you know AZ is, #4 my dish washer is effin' nasty and is rusted and unusable and has dead bugs in it and we've asked them multiple times to replace it and still haven't yet #5. we have roaches horribly #6. the roof in our bathroom has a water bubble because of the upstairs peoples' bath tub has a crack and has not been fixed, and they came in and ripped the sealing out with all the roofing stuff taken out thats fiberglass so its toxic and its exposed and that was 3 weeks ago and still hasn't been filled, and i've been getting really sick being in here. #7 i have no screens or locks on my windows in my apartment so i cant let my house "air out", #8. the garbage disposal was rusted up and didn't work and was clogged so when I started washing dishes, the sink backed up and was full of dead roaches.

They are supposed to spray for roaches EVERY THURSDAY and they haven't sprayed at my house once. Yes you guys are prolly think Oh well why did you sign the lease if it was like this, well when we came to see the apartments and they showed us the model and i LOVED IT! And they said it was exactly like the one that i will be getting so i was okay with it. I didn't get to go to the apartment and move my stuff in untill i signed the lease, so i was screwed as of then.

I don't know what my rights are since this is my first time renting, so i don't know if they can just let me leave with out it going against me. I have asked for a different apartment to live in and they denied it. I'm at wits end with this and completely stressed.

HELPPPP!!!! I need to know what i can do to get the hell outta here

My first question is "Didn't you visit the place and inspect it BEFORE you signed the lease?". If not, why not?

There are dozens of rental agencies and real estate agents that would have helped you find a place that wasn't roach infested.

I do not know what your options are now, but next time look before you leap.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:59 PM

11,086 posts, read 6,933,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khuntrevor View Post
It has everything to do with credit. Those with poor credit pay more and get less.
Not in my case. I have a beautiful place and I pay a decent rent for what I'm getting, a nice condo next to a golf course with a garage and great neighbors.

A lot depends upon the attitude of the property manager and/or owner.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:28 PM

894 posts, read 2,204,717 times
Advice- It is a buyers market.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:11 PM

418 posts, read 1,313,538 times
I may be missing something, but don't see what the problem is. Just pack up and leave. No one can keep you there, no one is going to arrest it for it!

Just leave and let it be their problem. Take pics and right down all that you feel is wrong and simply leave. If they ever bother to take you to small claims court, and even if they win, they still can't make you pay. Just fight it for years and it will go away. Don't let people bully you or expect you to accept their wrong or unreasonableness.

Don't worry about your credit and all that hogwash. They have us all brainwashed with fear regarding that. Any negative mark on your credit history can be explained away when need be by a simple letter of explanation.

Just go do what is best for you. You will be happier for it. Let other people fret and worry about minor outcomes in the future. As life goes, this is a very trivial matter. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Live life, do what you feel is right and best for you, and be happy.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:15 PM

660 posts, read 1,398,782 times
Quote:
Yes you guys are prolly think Oh well why did you sign the lease if it was like this, well when we came to see the apartments and they showed us the model and i LOVED IT! And they said it was exactly like the one that i will be getting so i was okay with it. I didn't get to go to the apartment and move my stuff in untill i signed the lease, so i was screwed as of then.

I don't know what my rights are since this is my first time renting, so i don't know if they can just let me leave with out it going against me. I have asked for a different apartment to live in and they denied it. I'm at wits end with this and completely stressed.

HELPPPP!!!! I need to know what i can do to get the hell outta here

I hate hate hate when Landlords/Managers show a really nice apartment and then tell you what you'll be getting will be "just like it". Lies!

I'd be angry too. I hope you've recorded on paper all your contacts with your Landlord/Management because you will need it if you want to break your lease and move somewhere else (which is what I'd do).

Old 11-01-2010, 09:58 PM

2,879 posts, read 7,786,060 times
The developers do the same thing. The model homes/units are often much better made. By the time they get to phase 9, they are stapling them together like elementary school art projects.
I've been on both sides of the fence, many times. Many people swear by renting a condominium from an owner, instead of a unit in a complex. Look along 19th Ave.. 0 Move in, 199 a month, etc..., they will cut people slack for bad credit, but look out.........

Old 11-02-2010, 01:25 AM

152 posts, read 521,193 times
Maybe call a news station, when places are put on the spot, they sometimes get all nice.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:09 AM

674 posts, read 2,555,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khuntrevor View Post
It has everything to do with credit. Those with poor credit pay more and get less. That doesn't let the landlord off the hook from their legal obligations, though. I will be rentingout a place with new appliances and flooring and a remodeled kitchen. And a newer a/c. Everthing is in perfect working order. The first thing I will look at is credit score, secondly employment, third-rental history. "through no fault of my own"......lol, sounds like you're in denial to me. Please don't make it sound like everyone has a foreclosure or shortsale on the rap sheet; it's simply not the case.
Aren't employment and rental histories more important than credit scores?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area