Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Moving to Arizona: Phoenix, real estate, realtor, landscape contractors, traffic.

Old 09-09-2006, 01:51 AM

20 posts, read 85,170 times

Advertisements

I will give + rate to all who respond...thanks

Please respond asap while i am here....
Looking to relocate from sd to phoenix...rank the areas
price is of no concern - don't want to live in the city
want growing SAFE area where everybody would want to move
want new community

WHAT's the best city and name a community if you know of one

any and all advice is appreciated

mesa
tempe
chandler
peoria
goodyear
avalon

Last edited by whereohwhere; 09-09-2006 at 02:02 AM..

Old 09-09-2006, 04:11 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,397,853 times
Default Goodyear

Hi Whereohwhere

I'm originally from El Cajon and now living in sweden. What I would do is look for the outskirts. What I do know of all those cities you've listed is that they are all no longer separate little towns or cites , but one big Giant extension of Pheonix.

The way i can illustrate it is to say look at Los Angeles. To me that area is a very hot ( ehich in fact I don't mind ) and smoogy LA. On I-17 I would go north to Black Canyon or Cave Creek area and look. Just anywhere on the out skirts.

Other Areas I would look at are , Apache junct and Queen Creek. This is only my opinion and you may want to ask anybody who actually lives in these areas. If you don't mind a commute , then maybe a little farther out. I do not particularly like any massive cities , so for me I would check the outter lying areas.

Check out Real Estate at web sites like www.realtor.com (broken link) .

Hope this helps. I use to always stay at the KOA there in GoodYear on our way to other parts of Arizona and it pretty much looks very industrial from the Freeway back then. I also use to pick up Pore Brothers Potato Chips back then for frieght out to california back when the Poore brother's still owned it.

Cheers , Kevin

Old 09-09-2006, 10:34 AM

148 posts, read 848,132 times
Default Areas of Phoenix

whereohwhere,

I am not familiar with the southeast side of town (which would be tempe, mesa, chandler) so I can't help you too much except to say that when visiting down there it is very congested with a lot of traffic.

I have lived in Glendale and Peoria for the last 6 years. There is a neighborhood in North Glendale/Arrowhead called Sierra Verde that has beautiful greenbelts, walking paths and lakes. I love that neighborhood because of the grass and lakes. Most neighborhoods these days are all desert landscaping. In my opinion, one of the nicest neighborhoods in the Phoenix area.

We just moved from Sierra Verde to North Peoria for a bigger house. Our neighborhood now is called Fletcher Heights and has some nice looking one story homes. The neighborhood isn't nearly as nice as Sierra Verde though. Another up and coming area that is supposed to be beautiful (I have a lot of friends having homes built there right now) is Vistancia. It is way out though so depends on where you would be working. It is very new with home still being built.

I am not sure what you meant by Avalon as there is no city by that name here but I am guessing you meant Avondale. Avondale is one of the most affordable areas here in the greater Phx. area and for that reason attracts a lot of lower income families that don't take care of their properties. I hope I don't get blasted for making that comment, it is just my opinion.

Goodyear or Litchfield Park is where I would live if I didn't live in the Northwest Valley. I have worked in Litchfield Park for the last 6 years. There is more affordable housing there than the Arrowhead area but it is still nice. My boss lives in a neighborhood of custom homes called Litchfield Vista Views where all the homes are on at least a 1/2 to full acre. Very nice neighborhood. There is also a neighborhood called Wigwam Creek (there is a north and south portion). These are all trac homes but still nice neighborhoods.

I hope that this helps. Feel free to post back if you have any other questions. I have lived here my whole life. One other thing.....you say that you don't want to live in the city but although there are "suburbs" of Phoenix, it is probably not how you are picturing other large cities and their suburbs. Every city here is just a continuation of Phoenix and is very large and overcrowded (again, in my opinion but I have lived here my whole life and seen Phoenix go from a smaller city to a huge, overcrowded city). In order to live out of the city you would have to probably consider Buckeye or Tonopah on the west side, Apache Junction on the east side or Anthem or carefree on the north side but then you are dealing with terrible traffic any time you want to come into Phoenix. I am decently familiar with San Diego as my husband went to law school there and know that the traffic is terrible there too. But my husband swears, although others disagree with him, that the traffic is worse in Phoenix than SD. He commutes to central Phoenix every morning and is so sick of it. Also, where as you travel along the 5 to get to Del Mar, Solana Beach, Carlsbad, etc. and you feel like you leave one city to get to another, it is not like that here. Everything is just crammed together and one continuation of another.

Please post back or feel free to e-mail if you have other questions.
Angie

Old 09-09-2006, 06:07 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,471,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereohwhere View Post

want new community

mesa
tempe
chandler
peoria
goodyear
avalon

Come on out to Gilbert, we have an old fashioned neighborhood thing going on in our new communities here now. We have old fashioned street lights, tree lined streets etc. If you are coming from Goodyear get on the 10 and go east to the 17s take that to the 60 east. Get off on Higley go south which would be a right. Go to Elliot and take a left to Recker you will see new home communities on your left on on your right all prices. You can even continue down Warner and Ray from Higley to Power. It's all an old fashioned tree lined theme. We also have the new San Tan freeway there. Many new restaurants and shops.

If you want to stay on the west side check out Marley Park another theme type Village.

Old 09-09-2006, 06:15 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,471,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereohwhere View Post

want new community

mesa
tempe
chandler
peoria
goodyear
avalon
Oh the name of the new community is Morrison Ranch also check out Agritopia, cute place even has it's own Farmers market.

Don't forget my rep points
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area