Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like living in Phoenix?
I like living in Phoenix 58 72.50%
I do not like living in Phoenix 22 27.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 09:27 AM

39,107 posts, read 51,328,001 times

Advertisements

I don't like living here and voted as such. If I could, I would move away. I constantly try to rationalize living here. Still, I don't bash the place too much. I try to be fair and balanced but I have those days. People vote with their feet and in the one that counts - the foot poll, AZ and Phoenix are big, big winners.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:48 PM

271 posts, read 840,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
No, it's just the naysayers have the loudest voices and post more often
I've noticed that too. I joined in 2007 for advice before making our move to Phoenix, and remember how much more helpful the board was with information and suggestions. I understand that the economy and the housing crash has affected us all, so have no problem with people posting their personal negative experiences, but some people are obviously bitter and would prefer that no one ever move to Phoenix.

I definitely see more people simply pushing their own agenda instead of truly trying to answer questions. In comparison to when I first joined, now you have the same few people posting about how it's terrible here, no one is friendly, how much they hate Phoenix, or exaggerated inaccurate information such as snake, cockroach, and scorpion epidemics, masks to breathe when you leave the house, $900 average summer electric bills, etc. Unfortunately, a lot of the information I see on this board recently is not helpful to newbies asking legitimate questions, or their question is hijacked by posters with useless or false information and the topic has to be (rightly) locked.

Last edited by Rubee; 03-27-2011 at 02:05 PM..

Old 03-27-2011, 03:14 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,130,998 times
Cant wait to get back!!

Old 03-27-2011, 03:30 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,468,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
And I only think it's fair that this poll stands.

C'mon AZRiverfan. If you think it's all "that," then the numbers will show it.

My BIGGEST question to you is this - why are you SO INVESTED in having people think this is a great place to live? You claim to be a Dr? so only a real estate person would give two hoots about seeing this market recover.
First you're all over the thread about the Behavior Research poll, insinuating everything from bias in the poll structure to the newspaper being in cahoots with the city, etc., and now you are questioning the motives of individual posters.

Why would only a real estate person care about the market (and the economy as a whole here) recovering? Other people don't hate it here like you do. I'm sorry your plan to leave got derailed by some unexpected expenses you mentioned in another thread, but azriverfan, and everyone else, are entitled to their opinions without having their motives questioned.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:34 PM

77 posts, read 466,700 times
Ok let me explain. I absolutley hated living in Phoenix. But I like living here in South Gilbert and Would like to go a little more southeast later(San Tan Valley maybe). If you said "The Valley" instead of Phoenix I would have said yes. However the fact that I live 45 minutes (without traffic) from downtown I can't consider this Phoenix at all.

Old 03-27-2011, 06:23 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,275,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charger62790 View Post
Ok let me explain. I absolutley hated living in Phoenix. But I like living here in South Gilbert and Would like to go a little more southeast later(San Tan Valley maybe). If you said "The Valley" instead of Phoenix I would have said yes. However the fact that I live 45 minutes (without traffic) from downtown I can't consider this Phoenix at all.
I put phoenix metro which would include Gilbert.

Old 03-27-2011, 06:47 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,300,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I got this idea from another thread that Azriverfan started today. I am going to predict that 85-90% will say yes. This poll is only for people living in the Phoenix metropolitan area and I made it public so there is no cheating on either side. Since I do not live in Phoenix anymore I will not be voting.

Enjoy
To clarify: You say "Phoenix". Do you mean "City of Phoenix" only? Or say including any city (cities) in Maricopa and Pinal Counties??

I'm in a "fringe" area of Pinal county - and absolutely LOVE IT! Far enough away to have the peace and quiet we were seeking yet close enough to take care of those "urges" like major shopping or entertainment (remember the "Valley" is now the Minor League capital of the entire frickin' world!).

Thanks

Old 03-27-2011, 07:04 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,275,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
To clarify: You say "Phoenix". Do you mean "City of Phoenix" only? Or say including any city (cities) in Maricopa and Pinal Counties??

I'm in a "fringe" area of Pinal county - and absolutely LOVE IT! Far enough away to have the peace and quiet we were seeking yet close enough to take care of those "urges" like major shopping or entertainment (remember the "Valley" is now the Minor League capital of the entire frickin' world!).

Thanks
This would be the Phoenix Metro area. Basically anywhere from Surprise to Apache junction.

Google Image Result for http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_lVvpqj47JCY/THPkuYAXv2I/AAAAAAAAAAc/ncIIXRSu_y8/s1600/Metropolitan+Phoenix+Original+Map.jpg

Old 03-27-2011, 07:36 PM

422 posts, read 793,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I got this idea from another thread that Azriverfan started today. I am going to predict that 85-90% will say yes. This poll is only for people living in the Phoenix metropolitan area and I made it public so there is no cheating on either side. Since I do not live in Phoenix anymore I will not be voting.

Enjoy
I think that if you post this poll in ANY city, you will get the same result. Obviously if people are on that city's forum, they live there. And if they live there (and haven't moved away), then they must like it.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:46 PM

13 posts, read 38,880 times
I love living in Phoenix!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area