Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 08:45 PM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,790,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
[/color]
Yep, and it all started with the 'hippie generation' and has gone downhill since.
Quote:
Originally Posted by English63 View Post
thats so true and its not just anAZ or USA problem its global , i belive its a lot to do with trash tv that you can find around the world , there does not seem that we have " standards " anymore .
It's not Phoenicians. It's people. Humans. I vote we turn over control to the dogs. (Although I must admit butt-sniffing can appear rude), dogs have many more redeeming values than humans.

Arf.

Old 08-04-2007, 08:57 PM

8,044 posts, read 12,267,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jksouthbay88 View Post
I work at Sea World San Diego and I have to say about half of the people who visit from Arizona are just rude.Very rude.Cussing,threating to run me over,one lady even grabbed me a few weeks ago.I find it sad,because the local people from SD are nicer,even LA folk.So may I ask why are you guys so rude?Nevada,OR,NM,CO,UT,WA all of them are nicer than you guys.
I find this to be quite bigoted and shallow. The times I've been to southern California (especially Orange County and San Diego), I've been cut off & flipped off while driving on the freeways there ... and ironically, I'm considered to be a fast driver! So using your logic, I can only assume that these Californians who cut me off & show off their middle finger see my AZ license plate, and dislike me because of where I live.

You should thank the thousands of Phoenicians who patronize San Diego during the summer. We help your economy ... and therefore, are your bread & butter. So quit complaining.

Perhaps you should consider a new (* snicker *) career.
()

Old 08-05-2007, 07:45 AM

647 posts, read 3,341,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatheReid View Post
Long enough. Never again.Are you agreeing that people in Phoenix are rude, pretentious, and shallow?
No, on the contrary, I think people in this area are very nice. I actually just did a very bad job of sarcastically pointing out that you were being rude, pretentious and shallow Since it didn't come out right the first time, I'll just come right out and say it - your comments make you appear rude, pretentious and shallow

You still didn't answer my question about how long you've actually spent here, which leads me to assume it wasn't very long, if at all. That doesn't really matter though. I've lived in many cities over the years and, while I've encountered many rude people in each city, I'd certainly never make a ridiculous comment about everyone in the city being rude. And anyone who does think every single person in a city is rude needs to take a long look in the mirror, b/c we tend to attract what we put out.

Old 08-05-2007, 06:37 PM

77 posts, read 229,954 times
Default true rudeness is all to common

I just got back from a visit back home, on the plane both ways familes were separated from each other, seems the online reservations you make are only a request and not a for sure seat. anyways my point, each flight both ways the flight attendant asked the person seperateing the familes in a very polite manner if they could trade seats. in both cases the people said no! I heard one say no I travel all the time and I want a window seat, I didn't hear what the others excuse was. any case I thought unbelieveable! people have changed it is a fact. its all about memememe now days.

Old 08-05-2007, 06:39 PM

77 posts, read 229,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj661 View Post
It's not Phoenicians. It's people. Humans. I vote we turn over control to the dogs. (Although I must admit butt-sniffing can appear rude), dogs have many more redeeming values than humans.

Arf.
Gosh AJ, your ideals are interesting, but, strange

Old 08-05-2007, 06:46 PM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj661 View Post
I vote we turn over control to the dogs. Arf.
How about "Jackalopes" instead?...

Old 08-05-2007, 06:47 PM

331 posts, read 956,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azkylady View Post
I just got back from a visit back home, on the plane both ways familes were separated from each other, seems the online reservations you make are only a request and not a for sure seat. anyways my point, each flight both ways the flight attendant asked the person seperateing the familes in a very polite manner if they could trade seats. in both cases the people said no! I heard one say no I travel all the time and I want a window seat, I didn't hear what the others excuse was. any case I thought unbelieveable! people have changed it is a fact. its all about memememe now days.
Um, how can a window seat separate a family? That makes no logical sense unless a family member was stuck in the row behind or something. In any event, why should someone have to change from a better seat so that the family can sit together? It can be construed as more rude on the family to request a seat change... why should they be entitled to that? I am not saying it is rude of them to request it, I am just giving the other viewpoint. My point is it can also be argued that the family is also about memememe in requesting the seat change.

Old 08-05-2007, 10:09 PM

8,323 posts, read 13,453,824 times
All I hear on this thread is "arf arf arf" and "mememe".

lol

Old 08-06-2007, 12:04 AM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,790,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azkylady View Post
Gosh AJ, your ideals are interesting, but, strange
Very kind of you to notice! I'll take that as a compliment!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
How about "Jackalopes" instead?...
I think they're extinct, gone the way of the Naugha...

Not sure you're old enough to remember, but when was the last time you saw furniture with genuine Naughahide??? I haven't seen it since the early sixties. They had such tough skin, but were just so friggin' slow! Very, very sad...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: