Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2011, 07:14 PM

584 posts, read 1,340,805 times

Advertisements

Do we have 1 in the west valley ?

Thanks Folks.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:11 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,781,079 times
Google "real estate schools in AZ"

Because you had to ask that question on a forum, rather than to go to Google and get the answer quickly for yourself, I'm concerned; so I'm going to provide you with some information that I hope you will find useful.

Before you get enrolled in a RE school, I suggest you find a Realtor friend, or go to a local real estate office and ask the broker to sit down with you for a few minutes and explain the real estate agent independent contractor business to you.

You need to know that a real estate agent is an independent contractor and you will be running your own business. Therefore, business, accounting, sales, marketing and negotiation skills are necessary. The more education and experience you have in those fields, the better chance you have of achieving success in the RE business.

You could ask the broker to point you to a mentor who will help you to develop a first year business plan, (before you go to RE school) so you can see on paper what will be required. Be prepared to pay a couple hundred dollars for this, and you will more than recoup that amount, either by deciding that this is not the business for you; or by being able to see more clearly how you will navigate and be successful that first year.

One only needs a high school education to get a license, but much more than that is needed to become a successful real estate agent, or broker.

You need to get an idea of what it will cost you to do the continuing education, and work with a mentor after you get the license in order to learn the real estate business. You will need sufficient money to carry you through at least 6 months without any income. (But with expenses)

You'll need to budget for all your expenses, including continuing education, mentor, desk fees, telephone, marketing, advertising, automobile, computer, printer, paper, ink, software, web site(s), signs, lockboxes, license, annual association fees, and much more.

The average income for an agent is around $30,000, which means many agents make less than that. Top producers can make $100k up.

The Top Producers get to that stage by getting lots of eduction, mentoring, experience, and very hard work. Being a real estate agent is NOT a get rich quick job. It is a grueling job, where more fail than succeed. Prepare to work 7 days a week 14 hours a day for a long time in order to be successful.

Listen to the guru's who promise that you'll work 3 days a week, 4 hours a day, and you will help them get rich; but you will not make a living.

• Remember that the RE schools teach you to pass the AZ state real estate exam. That is all.

• They do not teach you how to be a successful real estate agent.
Unfortunately, 99.9% of all agents never learn what I've told you until they get out of school and hang their license with a brokerage.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:41 AM

584 posts, read 1,340,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bill View Post
Google "real estate schools in AZ"

Because you had to ask that question on a forum, rather than to go to Google and get the answer quickly for yourself, I'm concerned; so I'm going to provide you with some information that I hope you will find useful.

Before you get enrolled in a RE school, I suggest you find a Realtor friend, or go to a local real estate office and ask the broker to sit down with you for a few minutes and explain the real estate agent independent contractor business to you.

You need to know that a real estate agent is an independent contractor and you will be running your own business. Therefore, business, accounting, sales, marketing and negotiation skills are necessary. The more education and experience you have in those fields, the better chance you have of achieving success in the RE business.

You could ask the broker to point you to a mentor who will help you to develop a first year business plan, (before you go to RE school) so you can see on paper what will be required. Be prepared to pay a couple hundred dollars for this, and you will more than recoup that amount, either by deciding that this is not the business for you; or by being able to see more clearly how you will navigate and be successful that first year.

One only needs a high school education to get a license, but much more than that is needed to become a successful real estate agent, or broker.

You need to get an idea of what it will cost you to do the continuing education, and work with a mentor after you get the license in order to learn the real estate business. You will need sufficient money to carry you through at least 6 months without any income. (But with expenses)

You'll need to budget for all your expenses, including continuing education, mentor, desk fees, telephone, marketing, advertising, automobile, computer, printer, paper, ink, software, web site(s), signs, lockboxes, license, annual association fees, and much more.

The average income for an agent is around $30,000, which means many agents make less than that. Top producers can make $100k up.

The Top Producers get to that stage by getting lots of eduction, mentoring, experience, and very hard work. Being a real estate agent is NOT a get rich quick job. It is a grueling job, where more fail than succeed. Prepare to work 7 days a week 14 hours a day for a long time in order to be successful.

Listen to the guru's who promise that you'll work 3 days a week, 4 hours a day, and you will help them get rich; but you will not make a living.

• Remember that the RE schools teach you to pass the AZ state real estate exam. That is all.

• They do not teach you how to be a successful real estate agent.
Unfortunately, 99.9% of all agents never learn what I've told you until they get out of school and hang their license with a brokerage.

Thank you for your respond Bill but honestly things you addressed above is not relevant to my question. And of course i did google it and found nothing in the west valley. Sometimes, we are complicated ourself with the thing simple as ABC.
Thanks Bill.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:17 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,422,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discovery1 View Post
Thank you for your respond Bill but honestly things you addressed above is not relevant to my question. And of course i did google it and found nothing in the west valley. Sometimes, we are complicated ourself with the thing simple as ABC.
Thanks Bill.
If you didn't find it with a Google search, then there probably isn't one. If you are planning on driving to one further away, and giving them your hard earned money, then Bill's advice is spot on for you or anyone else considering that move.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:15 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,582,493 times
Default re: re schools in the west valley

Although there was some advice that while good, may not apply to the OP's circumstances.
Check out your local community college. In Glendale:

Real Estate - Business and Information Technology (http://www.gc.maricopa.edu/business/index-rea.htm - broken link)

I took my classes through MCC in Mesa.

Last edited by observer53; 05-15-2011 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: merged threads
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area