Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 05:51 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,244,909 times

Advertisements

There is a lot of beautiful horse property in Queen Creek, very reasonably priced, with trail access at Sonoqui Creek Wash, Queen Creek Wash, San Tan Regional Park (miles and miles of public trails), and many others within easy riding distance.

Queen Creek is definitely not yuppy. There are gated communities to choose from, some with on-hand staff available to care for your horses, should you go out of town. There are also non-HOA, private homes/acreage with corrals, stables, etc.

I've never timed it to PHX, but I'm guessing it's about an hour's drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 10:00 AM

444 posts, read 1,354,631 times
Not trying to shove Tucson down your throat, but we actually had two non-stop flights to New York up until about three years ago: one to JFK on Jet Blue, and one to EWR on Continental. I think it's very, very likely that they're going to bring one of these back because there seems to be a demand, at least from people I talk to.
So, if you really like Tucson, it may be worth it to put up with a short layover for a little while than to put up with the Phoenix area for a much longer period.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:12 AM

34 posts, read 89,948 times
Pinal County is still pretty rural, most people have acres and horses. Outside of the City of Maricopa, is Hidden Valley and Thunder Bird Farms. I know a lot of Candians (who bring their horses) appreicate this area and make it there home away from home.

Hidden Valley Maricopa AZ Homes - Residential Real Estate in Hidden Valley Maricopa AZ

Old 05-16-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coatimundi View Post
Not trying to shove Tucson down your throat, but we actually had two non-stop flights to New York up until about three years ago: one to JFK on Jet Blue, and one to EWR on Continental. I think it's very, very likely that they're going to bring one of these back because there seems to be a demand, at least from people I talk to.
So, if you really like Tucson, it may be worth it to put up with a short layover for a little while than to put up with the Phoenix area for a much longer period.
I'm not trying to be picky, but EWR is Newark - which is in New Jersey.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:45 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,261,347 times
Which depending on where you're going can be easier in/out to NYC than any of the NYC proper airports .... it definitely serves NYC

There are definitely a lot of areas around the phoenix metro that could fit the bill .... from the sounds of it you may really like cave creek - pretty much any of the "outskirt" towns still have a ton of horse properties

Old 05-16-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Which depending on where you're going can be easier in/out to NYC than any of the NYC proper airports .... it definitely serves NYC
True; if one is going to Staten Island or even parts of Bklyn or Queens it can be comfortably do-able. However, the OP wrote, "near NYC", which makes me think Yonkers/Scarsdale or Long Island areas. HPN & ISP are right there; of course JFK and LGA service those areas too. Unless one is on the road in the middle of the night, going to those areas from NJ can be a bear. (When I lived on Long Island, I wouldn't even consider flights into/out of EWR.)

Last edited by CheyDee; 05-16-2011 at 01:41 PM..

Old 05-16-2011, 09:06 PM

54 posts, read 107,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
There is a lot of beautiful horse property in Queen Creek, very reasonably priced, with trail access at Sonoqui Creek Wash, Queen Creek Wash, San Tan Regional Park (miles and miles of public trails), and many others within easy riding distance.

Queen Creek is definitely not yuppy. There are gated communities to choose from, some with on-hand staff available to care for your horses, should you go out of town. There are also non-HOA, private homes/acreage with corrals, stables, etc.

I've never timed it to PHX, but I'm guessing it's about an hour's drive.
I will definitely look at that! The on hand staff would be very appealing sincere would be living between AZ and the east coast for quite few years!

Old 05-16-2011, 09:14 PM

54 posts, read 107,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coatimundi View Post
We love Tucson but the commute would be weekly so no layover because it eats the little time he would have there when he's doing that. We are big Continental flyers so if they had a direct flight choosing Tucson would be a no brainer. But if they did away with it again we'd be stuck in layover hell again! EWR is our fav btw since our apartment in NJ is in Monclair and were also used to taking the train right from manhattan to EWR. But, alas, still no direct flights! JFK is a horror for us to get in and out of so that would be a last choice for sure!

Old 05-17-2011, 11:04 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,584,426 times
I believe there's horse properties in Chandler and Gilbert even, which are all closer to the airport than Cave Creek. I know there's horse properties in north Scottsdale, as I've seen horse crossing signs around Cactus Rd and Scottsdale Rd. Living in that part of Scottsdale would be closer to the airport than Cave Creek. The only disadvantage is you don't back up to any wilderness, per say.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:09 AM

1,108 posts, read 3,326,309 times
If you want horse proeprty within reasonable distance of Sky Harbor - in a word LAVEEN. There is plently of horse property all around there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area