Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2011, 04:09 PM

16 posts, read 32,875 times

Advertisements

We're coming to visit & pick a community to live in, & schools will be a major deciding factor. I want my children challenged, as they are very gifted academically. I'd like them to go to a smaller school, while still having lots of options for classes & extracurricular activities. I'm especially concerned about the quality of the hs, but of course want good elementary schools also. The kids in Val Vista Lakes go to hs with over 3000 students. Is there other good but smaller schools nearby? Is there anywhere else we should be looking? We don't have permanent jobs lined up yet, so commute times aren't a concern. We're looking for a Master Planned Community with events & activities & a sense of community.

Thanks so much for any advice you can give me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 05:49 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,813,670 times
Based on Aims Scores, Highland High (Val Vista Lakes) is among the highest 10 rated in the valley. I don't know if that information helps you in a search for a school for gifted children or not.

Highland High School-Academics

There are 3000 students but the teacher/student ratio is 1:19.4 which is the second best ratio of the 10 schools.

Here are some links for charter schools that may be of interest.

Best Charter Schools in Phoenix - Find a Good Charter School in Maricopa County

Gilbert, AZ Public Charter school rankings & ratings

Val Vista Lakes fits your community needs. There is nothing else that can compare to the amenities, community events and activities of Val Vista Lakes.

However, I do live there and may have a bias, but if the community did not meet your needs as you state them, and if there was something else that compared, I would certainly name that community.

Old 05-16-2011, 03:44 PM

1,533 posts, read 1,596,328 times
Look into Seton or Valley Christian, both in Chandler. Smaller but still have plenty of extras to offer

Old 05-16-2011, 06:55 PM

1,707 posts, read 4,356,514 times
Well, I understand that schools are major factor, but in order for anyone here to help you, we really do need to know some other information. First and foremost, WHERE ARE YOU OR SPOUSE WORKING? How far from there are you willing to drive. What is your budget?

Once we know that...then we can help with schools within those guidelines. Makes a big difference if you are looking for 150K house or 350K house!

Old 05-16-2011, 07:51 PM

1,204 posts, read 2,532,873 times
If you check GreatSchools.org you can look at all HS and Elementary schools. It has parent ratings and also AIMS scores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area