Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2011, 10:54 AM

21 posts, read 46,968 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Chandler next month and are in need of the following:

Interior house painter - bedrooms and kitchen

Exterminator - inspection found black widow spider eggs and nest in the garage That HAS to be taken care of before we move in!

ISP - I work from home so I need a very reliable, fast connection. Would consider fiber-optic or cable.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 02:14 PM

19,446 posts, read 27,855,486 times
Cox Cable Internet has been nearly flawless for me for over a decade. And I work at home doing internet marketing. I have the higher level plan - Internet Preferred. My download speed right now is 20.15 Mbps and upload speed is 12.56 Mbps. on an old wireless-D router that needs to be replaced with a newer N-wireless router. The speed stays at those levels fairly consistently (I am in Mesa, but had the same good experience with Cox for over a decade in Chandler.) Free installation if you order over the net.

I've had no problems with their phone service, either.

I know some will complain, but I've been very happy with their TV service as well. Though not the cheapest in town, I've always found them to be reliable and consistent. We had Satellite TV briefly some years ago and have had Satellite in several rental properties we visited over the last few years (Comcast was a nightmare for TV AND internet). Overall, we're very happy and heavy users of Cox Cable.

The bundle does save us some money. Cox Cable TV is not the cheapest way to go, I suspect. But I wouldn't give up my Cox Internet service unless I moved to someplace where it was not available.

Old 05-16-2011, 03:40 PM

1,533 posts, read 1,592,557 times
Try Pest Control Solutions at 480-963-2077. They are local, honest and have been in business forever.

A painter I used recently was Michael Griffith at 623-695-1782. I had a few bids and his came in the best. I was very happy with his work and would certainly use him again.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:59 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,783,384 times
The painter I use for all my homes including my primary residence is Pat Nagy 602 750 0228. He's very meticulous, and I'm picky when it comes to painters. They must do a perfect job for me or I don't use them or recommend them again. I've used Pat for 3 years now.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:11 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,431,214 times
Once the house is cleaned out when the former owners move (and you can then spray if you want to) the black widows will not be a problem as long as you keep corners clean and neat, inside the house and out. Their messy webs will be easy to recognize, if you do see one again. Spraying for black widows only works if you hit them (though it does cut down their food supply as well).

As far as recommendations, you are getting those from others with recent experience. Good luck in your new home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: