Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 08:24 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,457,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.K View Post
No tornado's, subzero temperatures, flat lands, swamps, ect...
I could continue for pages. but why?
You could sit there and complain about the Hot temperatures and again that would be a waste of space...
It's very nice in Arizona.
If I want to ski in the winter I can,
or do some boating,
LA and the Pacific is close, Mexico, Vegas all driving distance.
not to mention all the things to do around here.
Sure Its an adjustment to live in Phoenix or Tuscon.
But I love it :-)
Yes there are tornadoes (although kinda rare), yes there are LOTS of subzero temps in the southwest (northern AZ, Utah, Nevada), yes there are lots of flat lands (ever driven from Gallup to Flagstaff?). Yes, it is very nice in AZ, Im not sure about the water skiing in winter (unless you have a wetsuit--that water is C-O-L-D!!!!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 08:51 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,090,610 times
I love Arizona, but I hate Phoenix. Its not the land, it's the people.lol Not personally, just crowds of them. Need something smaller, and I can't afford the beautiful Arizona land! Or I wouldn't be in Phoenix, I'd be up North. I do prefer the ocean, but, talk about $. I love to deep sea fish though, I could live on fish and clams!

Old 08-06-2007, 09:00 AM

1,108 posts, read 3,324,401 times
I wholeheartedly agree!!! For me personally, the southwest (AZ, NM, Southern Nevada and SoCal) is the best place to be.

I moved up here to Seattle six years ago for career reasons. Now I am working on returning to AZ (Phoenix) and when I get back, I will not even think about Seattle. Az and the Southwest is the best - in so many ways.

Old 08-07-2007, 02:20 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,784,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaT2 View Post
You forgot earthquakes. LOL.
I still think Tucson had the most beautiful sunsets I've ever seen. Sorry I moved from there 5 years ago. Well, may be going to Phoenix soon. Getting a pool this time though.
try a colorado sunset....I don't live there but they are the most amazing I have seen

Old 08-07-2007, 02:34 PM

44,662 posts, read 61,729,772 times
According to various weather sites, Death Valley CA and Iraq have the highest world temps in the summertime, 130-135 degrees.

Our troops suffer even more because of all the clothes and equipment they wear. Temps can get more than 20 degres higher under those clothes. equipment. Heat related injuries rank right up there with actual combat injuries.

Old 08-07-2007, 03:11 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,239,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Charles_ View Post
I wholeheartedly agree!!! For me personally, the southwest (AZ, NM, Southern Nevada and SoCal) is the best place to be.

I moved up here to Seattle six years ago for career reasons. Now I am working on returning to AZ (Phoenix) and when I get back, I will not even think about Seattle. Az and the Southwest is the best - in so many ways.
I like Seattle as a city much better than Tucson or Phoenix, but the weather is really not for me. It's really depressing. Living in AZ for 10+ years, I've gotten spoiled sunshine-wise. A few days of gloom drive me nuts. Can't stand even the monsoon season here.

LOVED Vancouver and Portland, OR, as well, but... Was in Vancouver for only 2 days during their 40-day dry season ; one of them... rain... In Portland it seems to be even crazier than in Seattle. At least in Seattle it rains for some time and stops. I swear the few days I was in Portland (around Memorial day, if it makes any difference) it must've started and stopped drizzling half a dozen to a dozen times a day!

Old 08-07-2007, 04:37 PM

30 posts, read 92,281 times
moved here 4 years ago from atlanta and cant wait to get out. Its too bland and brown here...not green (and dont mention Flagg). nothing to do here and just not that fun for me.

Old 08-07-2007, 06:29 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,766,587 times
I think it is beautiful up here in N.Peoria. We love the air and especially the winter air here. love the monsoon season, wish it lasted a little longer. We could not be happier....unless we had a ocean view lot in San Diego, then we would be dizzy with happy!

Old 08-07-2007, 07:02 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,967,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Yes there are tornadoes (although kinda rare), yes there are LOTS of subzero temps in the southwest (northern AZ, Utah, Nevada), yes there are lots of flat lands (ever driven from Gallup to Flagstaff?). Yes, it is very nice in AZ, Im not sure about the water skiing in winter (unless you have a wetsuit--that water is C-O-L-D!!!!).
I thought he meant snow skiing in the Winter up North.

Micro burst during the monsoon season, not fun.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:25 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,457,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
I thought he meant snow skiing in the Winter up North.

Micro burst during the monsoon season, not fun.
Yeah, I think youre right. He mentioned he can do some skiing in winter, then the boating thing. Guess I misunderstood. DOH!

And yes, microbursts are downright dangerous too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area