Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2011, 03:58 PM

6 posts, read 10,716 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone! I've been on this site for awhile now, but just now really started posting in the forums. My family and I currently live in southern California (Orange County) and are looking to possibly relocate out of state. We have been to Phoenix and surrounding areas a few times in the past couple years (and thinking of going out for FanFest) and really like it out there. We have all but convinced ourselves to eventually move, but my job is really the only thing holding us back. I currently have a very good paying job doing material for an aerospace company and, while I know I won't be able to match my salary here, I want to have a job lined up before moving and am hoping to have the salary at least comparable so our lifestyle doesn't drastically change.

So are there any business/industries I should focus on? Any specific areas in Phoenix & etc that I should focus on? Any websites or any other sources? Again, I have about 7 years of material experience (stock room, buying material, constructing and maintaining lists for others to buy material, etc) in the aerospace industry and would love if I could find a similar job.

Thanks in advance for any help provided!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 08:51 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,509,119 times
I heard Lockheed and General Dynamics have plants in the metropolitan Phoenix area, not sure where though.

You might want to check for aerospace companies online and narrow it down to Phoenix, I'm sure there are many to look into.

Coming from California your pay will probably be dropped quite a bit but the cost of living is lower here, except for a few things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area