Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 01:54 AM

4,164 posts, read 2,857,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloCoChef View Post
YES - Seen it - lived it --- Pink tile bathrooms - tub, sink, toilet --- the 'pink' bathroom.... YES - The orange Jetson's like Naugahyde arm chairs were simply AMAZING ....

Guacamole Dip, Chocolate Wafer Refrigerator Cakes -- Highballs and Martini's - Floatin' in the Pool in a big styrofoam bowl - What's not to love
You've pretty much described my dream house. I was at a party in a small development in Scottsdale a few years ago, and I swear, it was like stepping back into 1959. Nothing had changed, it was great and amazingly well kept. I thought to myself, "If I wasn't married with a house and kids, a cat, the whole nine, I'd fly into this development so fast I'd hurt myself".

I was talking to the hostess of the party, she was all of twenty nothin', she said "Oh yeah, my neighbors, they play a bunch of Rat Pack and hang out by the pool and stuff drinking Whiskey".

I was like "!!!!"

Damn! Right out of a freakin' dream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2011, 02:48 PM

190 posts, read 450,559 times
ROTFLMAO - Right? That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

It's pretty cool looking at seventies houses too - you can see the growing pains as you walk room to room .... trying to gain some sort of maturing status over the 'old' sixties flare & mod-ness - They might have done really well at crafting a snag of the best of the old and a splash of glam in the new - But I fear disco mottled some designer's brain patterns and well we have the house of the seventies as 'is' -- Just what that is I'm not sure ... I do know it's not the 80's and not the 60's - beyond that? Hmmm...

I guess what it is in a some form is The Brady Bunch house.... I put an offer in on one yesterday - distanced from the 60's and narrowly missing the glass block eighties... whew. Lot's of the 70's tv show series were centered on apartment life, NYC life etc... But the Brady's were definitely in a 'house'... So it lends itself to some great Mid-Century Modern decor... If I get this one - it will be a blast trying to get the 'cooled' 60's vibe and breezy feel of a 70's home - admittedly the one I bid on is a bit smallish 1500sq ft. - but the lot's kinda big as they were then - so I think it'll work...

It's one of the pleasures of not having a huge house budget say over 250K - if I did I might not know these gems exist ... I'm sure they also exist in that price point range -- but these lil' guys are priceless!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area