Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 07:53 AM

475 posts, read 815,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtbguy View Post
This will be a big mistake.
Why? The AC was off for over a year when the house was empty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 08:44 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,783,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokes172 View Post
Here's a link that will give a partial answer to questions:

http://www.mosbybuildingarts.com/blo...ostat-setting/

Old 07-30-2011, 02:00 PM

475 posts, read 815,222 times
I really don't think the "high" humidity of Phoenix will be a problem in a vacant house even during monsoon season. I can see low humidity being a problem .

Old 07-30-2011, 02:18 PM

391 posts, read 788,353 times
so will cox let you shut off tv and internet on demand? We might be using the place occasionally during the summer.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:46 PM

424 posts, read 953,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokes172 View Post
Your furniture may get ruined and I've seen where the carpet buckles up. You really should keep the AC on at 85-88 during the hot summer months. We once had a condo in north Scottsdale that we'd use for our get away and we would keep the AC on during the summer months as stated above. Our neighbor (out of state owner) didn't and they showed us the damage when they arrived in the late fall. I can remember that some of the varnish on the furniture had started to peel off and the carpet was buckled though out the condo. Our unit didn't experience either of these problems. Just keep the shades or curtains closed and that will help keep some of the heat outside. It can get VERY hot inside a house when the temperature is 115 degrees outside.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:27 AM

3 posts, read 5,699 times
What about around Buckeye - Tartesso? I am just closing on a winter home and am wondering about that very thing...cable and internet service. Does anyone know if Buckeye suspends service for the summer and an internet and cable provider?? I have Direct TV in Idaho - don't have a clue who would be a good provider in Buckeye and if the City will suspend trash, etc and what internet and cable provider would do the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area