Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2011, 03:02 PM

5 posts, read 13,341 times

Advertisements

Hi we will be moving to either Desert Ridge, Westwing Mountain, Sonoran Mountain Ranch in a couple of months. What is important to us is schools, neighborhoods with lots of kids, and newer homes. We really like Desert Ridge for the homes, schools, shopping but are finding in our budget $450,000 the homes are not as great as Westwing Mountain area for the money. I realize Scottsdale is a great location, but we are not shoppers for the most part. We like good restaurants and want our kids to be happy and also want to have a boat, with lake near.

I really need some input on Westwing elementary K-8 and then what high school is best from there. We have 3 boys, 7, 10, almost 14. I know Desert Ridge schools are great and Pinnacle High seems to be really good, just hoping the same for Westwing?

Oh, we also looked at Vistancia, seems great but I am afraid its too far out and really nothing around, and dont see any middle, high schools. It seems to have fantastic buys on homes but I dont want to get stuck if we dont like it and feel too far from everything our kids want to do.

Any input would be great, thanks!!!

Last edited by foreste1; 09-26-2011 at 03:09 PM.. Reason: forgot something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 04:07 PM

800 posts, read 1,910,321 times
West Wing, Sandra Day O'Connor, and Mountain Ridge H.S.'s all were awarded the highest rating "Excelling". The area of North Peoria, North Glendale, far NW PHX is highly sought out for these great schools. For $450K you can get a LOT more home for the buck than Desert Ridge, and have lovely mountain views to boot. Closest major area to Lake Pleasant, the Valley's most popular recreational lake. The drawback is that West Wing, Sonoran Mtn. Ranch are a 10-15 minute drive away from anything. (it's a lovely drive though) You have to want a more peaceful way of life. There are also great hiking trails in the immediate vicinity.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:38 PM

203 posts, read 491,215 times
Check out any short sales or foreclosures in aviano in desert ridge....not many left but worth a shot for the neighborhood and schools.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:51 PM

391 posts, read 787,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreste1 View Post
Hi we will be moving to either Desert Ridge, Westwing Mountain, Sonoran Mountain Ranch in a couple of months. What is important to us is schools, neighborhoods with lots of kids, and newer homes. We really like Desert Ridge for the homes, schools, shopping but are finding in our budget $450,000 the homes are not as great as Westwing Mountain area for the money. I realize Scottsdale is a great location, but we are not shoppers for the most part. We like good restaurants and want our kids to be happy and also want to have a boat, with lake near.

I really need some input on Westwing elementary K-8 and then what high school is best from there. We have 3 boys, 7, 10, almost 14. I know Desert Ridge schools are great and Pinnacle High seems to be really good, just hoping the same for Westwing?

Oh, we also looked at Vistancia, seems great but I am afraid its too far out and really nothing around, and dont see any middle, high schools. It seems to have fantastic buys on homes but I dont want to get stuck if we dont like it and feel too far from everything our kids want to do.

Any input would be great, thanks!!!
We have a place in Vistancia. Guess its whatever you think is too far. There is safeways etc within 4 minutes. Seven minutes to Best Buy, Chili's etc. Twenty minutes to arrowhead which seems to have everything we need.

Trust me. I drive my wife crazy as I time everything.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:54 AM

Thank you for the input. Vistancia only has the one school correct? Last time I was out there I could not find a gas station close by, have they added any where the grocery is?
What about kids in Vistancia?

I like the mountain views as well out in Westwing. I know my kids are used to a planned community with club house like Desert Ridge, Aviano, is there anything like that in Westwing neighborhoods?

Old 09-30-2011, 01:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,611 times
I've lived in Sonoran Mountain Ranch since 2007 and love it! The mountain views here are just as lovely as in Westwing. Neither community has a club house, however Westwing does offer a bit more in the way of sports, with their basketball and tennis courts, and skateboard park (allcompleted last year).

Your budget of $450,000 will serve you very nicely in either SMR or WW. May I suggest you perhaps look at some of the Camelot Homes in either community? I own one personally and am thrilled with the construction quality and attention to architectural detail. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have about the builder or any other homes you are looking at.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:38 AM

Andrew thanks for the input! I have been searching homes all morning and cant believe what I can buy in Vistancia. Do you or anybody know what middle school and high school kids would go too? I know its farther out but I like the master communities so the kids have lots to do. We have a 7, 10, and almost 14 year old boys and need somebody to clue me in on kids out in Vistancia and all the activities. I have seen Westwing get out of school and that was awesome seeing so many kids riding bikes, walking. That is the feel we want for our kids as well. Westwing seems to be first choice, but Vistancia is sucking me in with the community center. If anybody lives in either neighborhoods with kids in similar ages, would be great to be able to talk with you, thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area