Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 10:03 AM

116 posts, read 228,174 times

Advertisements

I think that it is an important issue for Skywayy and anyone else who finds out that they have to pay extra money at the last minue. Skywayy has my empathy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywayy2001 View Post
So let me get this straight; you're that upset over what amounts to $38 extra a month (and something that is public record). Maybe you shouldn't be buying a home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 10:07 AM

4,511 posts, read 13,597,409 times
How long has this listing been active before you placed an offer? It's likely when the listing was added to the MLS only 2010 tax amounts where available. Owners where only notified of 2011 taxes last month. The MLS listing is not automatically updated with new tax amounts, the listing agent has to manually update the number.

You can check taxes for any property at

Maricopa County Tax Assessor

Old 10-12-2011, 10:12 AM

2,879 posts, read 7,789,004 times
and remember, you are only getting stuck for the last 3 months of the year.....When I bought my TH in 2009, for 22K, the taxes were 900 per year....whew! I'm glad I only had to pay for 35 days, and it dropped to 600 the next year, and now 375. Assessments are much more in line, nowadays.

Wait until your Home Warrant Company denies your first big claim--then you will really have something to beach about.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:26 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,797,344 times
One should not rely on the mls sheet for correct tax information, nor for HOA dues information, nor other important info.

Unfortunately, many listing agents will copy the HOA information from another listing in the community, and that copied info is wrong. Others don't put anything.

Once the listing agent fills out the form with the last available tax info, which shows the amount and they year, it is very unlikely that they will go back and change that info when the new tax info comes out.

The buyers agent can find out the tax info for the client in just a couple minutes online. The buyers can do the same thing. It's part of the buyers due diligence responsibility to verify all important facts within the 10 day due diligence period. The buyers agent will assist.

If the tax info shows a number that is too high and will create payment problems, then the contract can be cancelled during the 10 day due diligence period.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:01 PM

363 posts, read 931,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
I think he is bummed out on the fact that he found out last minute. That his agent wasn't current on information that you would think would be important in their line of work. I could be wrong but that is what I got out of it. Sort of like "hidden costs" the ones they display at the last minute when you've already invested your time. Sure you can do all the work yourself but then why hire someone for it? Right? It's not like they aren't making commision off him.
I would hope I would be getting that kind of information when being shown homes. "Hey, by the way, the taxes have gone up in Mesa by 25%. Just so you know what your looking at." That kind of thing I'm sure would have been appreciated.
Sounds like they are just getting it off their chests. Hence the cigar. lol
You hit the nail on the had sir It's really not the $38 that bothered me... We had signing today at title co., house should be ours by week's end. Thanks all for the responses!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area