Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 01:48 PM

7 posts, read 14,722 times

Advertisements

I have a 3 year old and a 4 month old. I finally get a day off and I want to take my 3 year old somewhere fun! We have been to both zoos, pumpkin farm, aquarium, and children's museum. My son is scared of heights and doesn't like the high play grounds like at the play factory. Any suggestions??!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 01:55 PM

39,177 posts, read 51,480,403 times
Have you done Build a Bear?

Old 10-17-2011, 01:56 PM

39,177 posts, read 51,480,403 times
How about the State Fair. Petting zoo, kiddie rides.

Old 10-17-2011, 02:58 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,647,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonValleyHairGirl View Post
I have a 3 year old and a 4 month old. I finally get a day off and I want to take my 3 year old somewhere fun! We have been to both zoos, pumpkin farm, aquarium, and children's museum. My son is scared of heights and doesn't like the high play grounds like at the play factory. Any suggestions??!!
Wow, you do a lot of fun stuff. How about hang out in the sprinklers and dig in the dirt. Make maccaroni pictures or homemade playdough. Those places you mention are sort of fun but my kids always liked the one on one time better. Other than that there is always those playlands at the malls and stuff. Or better yet, ask your three year old what they want to do on your day off.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:10 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,185,665 times
Have you ever visited the McCormick-Stilllman Railroad Park (http://therailroadpark.com/index1.htm - broken link) in Scottsdale? It's beautiful - they have two playgrounds, a carousel, a train ride, and old trains on display. Tickets are $2 each, and kids 3 and under ride free with an adult for the carousel and train. The rest is free.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:22 PM

17,916 posts, read 43,573,170 times
There's also a train at Desert Breeze park in Chandler. I haven't been there in a while, so I don't remember what else they have, but if it's closer to you, there you go. I agree that there are all sorts of fun things you can do at home. NickJr (the kid's TV channel) has some cute ideas on their website for things you can make, etc, together with your preschoolers.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:38 PM

800 posts, read 1,918,733 times
Take them to a serene desert park such as the White Tanks Regional park, Lake Pleasant, Deem Hills Recreation area, or Cave Creek Regional Park, have a picnic, let them play for a bit in the play areas, read to them, teach them about nature and their environment.

Old 10-18-2011, 07:29 AM

I asked my son what he wanted to do and he said shopping,lol. I think we will try the railroad park. Staying home to do activities is nice, but I wanted to take him out to see different things that would excite him and that we will be able to talk about. Plus nice to walk around with the 4 month old. Thanks guys! Good suggestions.

Old 10-18-2011, 07:48 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,647,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonValleyHairGirl View Post
I asked my son what he wanted to do and he said shopping,lol. I think we will try the railroad park. Staying home to do activities is nice, but I wanted to take him out to see different things that would excite him and that we will be able to talk about. Plus nice to walk around with the 4 month old. Thanks guys! Good suggestions.
Aw, of course, shopping. lol
Don't forget those little places that let you make your own pots or paint those little sculptures to take home. Then he would have an item to take home sort of like shopping but he would get to paint it and stuff himself. There is one of those in Ahwatukee if I can remember correctly.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:05 AM

Oh yes, the as you wish. I am closer to the one in desert ridge. It is on my list of places to try. I am going to take advantage of the nice weather and after take him to pick his costume. He keeps saying he is going to be a million different things so I shall see what he finally decides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area