Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2007, 09:17 AM

264 posts, read 1,596,019 times

Advertisements

Can you tell me about moon valley? Where actually is it, cross steets & zip code would be helpful.

Also, do you recommend living there? Is it safe? Good schools? Proximity to stores & restaurants?

A friend recommended we look there and are planning to check it out, but wanted to get some opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2007, 11:57 PM

647 posts, read 3,340,787 times
We drove around Moon Valley to see if we liked the area. I can't tell you specific street boundaries, but check aznb.com - it's on the map there, and you can pull up home listings.

We had heard good things about Moon Valley, but after driving around, we didn't care for it at all. The homes are old and it seemed a bit run down to me, but that's probably just a function of the age of the area to a large degree. I've heard that they have good schools there though. Check greatschools.net for ratings.

If the location is good for your commute and you can afford a nice home, it may not be a bad place to live. For us though, in our price range, and with our like of all things new, Moon Valley wasn't an option.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:23 AM

253 posts, read 376,347 times
Moon Valley is nice. Specifically it's centered around Thunderbird and 7th St.

Keep in mind that it's an older area, and is boring as hell if you're not married with kids or retired. The closest restaurants or bars are 20 minutes away in Kierland.

Old 08-26-2007, 07:01 AM

2,788 posts, read 7,448,732 times
My impression of Moon Valley boundaries:

On the south: Phoenix Mountain Preserve
On the north: Bell Road
On the west: 19th Ave
On the east: Cave Creek Road

I think of it as a good area. Nice, well-maintained homes from 20 to 30 years old. Not as cookie-cutterish as more recently developed areas. It's not a huge nightlife or entertainment area, but there are some neighborhood restaurants and the inevitable chains along Bell. As mentioned above, it's also near Kierland in northeast Phoenix and other restaurants and retail in North Scottsdale.

Just to make life interesting, there is a high school called Moon Valley High School, which really isn't in Moon Valley at all. It's in the Glendale District west of I-17. Thunderbird High School, on the other hand, is in the heart of Moon Valley.

Here's a map:

Google Maps (http://tinyurl.com/3c952n - broken link)

Old 08-26-2007, 01:05 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,164,624 times
I drive through Moon Valley to get to and from work everyday and I find it a nice area for the most part. It's very easy to drive to central phx where I work. I have driven through many areas in Moon Valley looking for homes in the past as well and found some nice areas, but of course were too expensive. Many were 500k and up.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:13 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,955,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
I drive through Moon Valley to get to and from work everyday and I find it a nice area for the most part. It's very easy to drive to central phx where I work. I have driven through many areas in Moon Valley looking for homes in the past as well and found some nice areas, but of course were too expensive. Many were 500k and up.

Yeah some of the homes are beautiful up there with great views but anything nice is way too much money. The Central Corridor is still my favorite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area