Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2007, 04:48 AM

461 posts, read 1,811,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwinston73 View Post
Scottsdale has the highest # of fake boobs per capita in the US. This comes from a real article that ran in the Arizona Republic earlier this year.
Well, gee, if it was in the Arizona Republic, then I guess it MUST be true! LMOA!!! - I'm sorry, but who would even think about doing an article on this subject???

But - if it's true, the reason may be because supposedly Scottsdale has the best plastic surgeon in the U.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 09:50 AM

11 posts, read 27,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdswines View Post
I've seen many posts stating that Arizona, and PHX specifically, have more than their fair share of "rude, fake, plastic, pretentious" people.

I'm just curious to know what specific incidents you've had that have lead many of you to these conclusions. They must happen regularly, right?

Anyway, I'm just curious if there are things that happen all the time or if you've only had a few bad experiences.

Thanks.
I grew up in Southern California. People there are rude! When I moved to the Phoenix area I kept thinking how nice everyone was. They actually make eye contact with you as you walk by and an occasional "how are you" comes out. however, I recently moved to Texas for grad school (can't wait to move back) and I noticed how nice the people HERE are.

I think it's all perspective. If you are moving from a town where the people are all super super nice (like go out of the way to be nice) then I can see how people think Phonecians are rude. But on the flip side, if you are coming from California or NY, Phonecians are nice.

I love the area, and can't wait to move back!

Old 09-30-2007, 11:09 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,183,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblina View Post
Well, gee, if it was in the Arizona Republic, then I guess it MUST be true! LMOA!!! - I'm sorry, but who would even think about doing an article on this subject???
Hahahaha! I thought the same thing!

Old 09-30-2007, 11:56 AM

8,351 posts, read 13,499,556 times
I don't care for fake boobs either but if other women with smaller yet real boobs are not complaining, then who should any man care?

Interesting how this "rude people in Phoenix" topic somehow shifted to "fake boobs in Scottsdale"....lol

Old 09-30-2007, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
I don't care for fake boobs either but if other women with smaller yet real boobs are not complaining, then who should any man care?

Interesting how this "rude people in Phoenix" topic somehow shifted to "fake boobs in Scottsdale"....lol
Hey, wake up! You've been on enough of these Scottsdale-slamming threads to know that everything/everyone that's fake, rude or plastic somehow derived from Scottsdale!

Old 09-30-2007, 07:13 PM

430 posts, read 1,411,261 times
Default thats scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwinston73 View Post
Scottsdale has the highest # of fake boobs per capita in the US. This comes from a real article that ran in the Arizona Republic earlier this year.
lets hope those things don't end of killing those women or makeing them sick. I am afraid we might have a lot of ill women years from now, just isen't natural to have things like that in your body, its common sense, and what a stupid reason to possible harm yourself for.

Old 09-30-2007, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azkylady2 View Post
lets hope those things don't end of killing those women or makeing them sick. I am afraid we might have a lot of ill women years from now, just isen't natural to have things like that in your body, its common sense, and what a stupid reason to possible harm yourself for.
Breast implants have come a loooooong way from the old leaky silcone ones. Most are now filled with saline which is totally harmless.

Old 09-30-2007, 10:43 PM

14 posts, read 49,103 times
YES -the majority of people in phx are rude - but what do you expect from a city which lives only from service people! here is one example: when you buy a house and you want to introduce yourself to your neighbors - as we do in the smallest town in europe - your neighbor most likley turns around and says - WHO GIVES A ****! When after 8 month he came to speak to me - I TURNED AROUND AND SAID: WHO GIVES A ****!

LOL - I love it!! To show the thruth in the USA!!!
also to the one which still dont know why 911 has happened!!

Old 09-30-2007, 10:53 PM

95 posts, read 647,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblina View Post
Breast implants have come a loooooong way from the old leaky silcone ones. Most are now filled with saline which is totally harmless.
Saline filled implants are much safer than silicone filled, but they are still encased in a silicone-rubber pouch. Health problems can occur as the pouch degrades. Materials like that are also a great substrate for bacteria, which form biofilms that are very resistant to the body's immune system as well as antibiotics.

Old 09-30-2007, 10:59 PM

14 posts, read 49,103 times
Default You Are Right..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
I've had a lot of encounters with some really, really mean people here. For example, two separate times when I was bicycling (on the sidewalk of a major road, going with traffic) I've had people throw drinks at me from their moving car as they passed by. Yes, just like the movie The Weather Man. Don't laugh, it's not funny at all-- last year a city of Tempe worker was hit in the head by someone throwing an energy drink can-- and has permanent brain damage for the rest of his life. There is a lot of human trash here. However, I'll admit most people here are just fine and fairly friendly. It's just that the trash here is REALLY bad.

A lot of human trash lives in phoenix AZ. we have 2007 - but some idiots here think its 1807!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area