Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 12:35 PM

86 posts, read 258,943 times

Advertisements

Theyre all stressed out,its an expensive place with low pay.The wallyworld down my street had its second shooting in two months.and yes i think a big part of it is due to folks from california and the illegals.the ca. folks show up with to much money and the prices of housing is crazy,the illegals drive down wages,they just destroy the wages of every industry they get involved with.i live here and thats how i see it!oh yeah its funny to see folks from the midwest come here and when the first really hot summer days come the for sale signs go out and they leave fast like theyre trying to escape hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2007, 04:02 PM

34 posts, read 44,905 times
I think it's because so many people in the Phoenix area are fake and living beyond their means, especially Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, and the like. I guess I'd be angry all the time too if I couldn't make my bills on my BMW and overpriced house and had bill collectors after me all the time. That's not a very happy existence.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:32 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,321,862 times
Default Natives are the BEST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin2212 View Post
I completely understand this feeling. The New Yorkers come here, and their liberal politics subsequently allow illegal aliens to not only live but thrive here, so now my part of Maryland has the worst of the New YOrk AND the Los Angeles areas, and none of the goodness and pleasantries of the South.

Are Californians as arrogant or immoral or elitist and rude as the New Yorkers and Bostonians? I also really hate the New YOrk accent and it really turns me off the moment I hear it. I especially hate people from Long Island and Westchester and want nothing do with anyone from these places.

. Why can't those people from Jersey and NYC and Boston and LA just stay where they are.

I feel pushed out of Maryland by Yankees and illegals. The Yankees are very snobby and pompous and self-righteous while the illegals are downright hostile and confrontational to people.

WOW -- do you like anyone? Because from the tone of most of your post it sure sounds like you don't. You won't have a problem with the Native Arizonans around here (much to some newbies surprise). Most likely, they will end up being the nicest people you meet! I'm not a native, but I've lived here a long, long time and I have many native Phoenician friends and so far, they seem to be the only sane ones around!
I'm sure they can't be happy with the way their city has changed in just the past 10 years. Even more so the last FIVE! The change here has been massive! Much more destructive than many people realize. If you are feeling unhappy already with the "mix" of people you are experiencing from the influx of people from other areas to Maryland, you will very much dislike it here.
Please try to come here and take a lengthy visit before deciding it's your paradise. Because I have a sneaky feeling it's not going to meet with your expectations.
Sorry.........

Old 09-03-2007, 10:10 PM

9 posts, read 59,971 times
Maybe all the hot tempers come from the hot weather...everybody wants to get out of their cars as quickly as possible...who knows. All I know is I had to buy a slightly bigger car because people tend to use their cars as weapons around here. I've been chased down, tailgated, pushed off the side of the road, etc. and I'm a very courteous driver! My own brother admitted to behaving that way...I tried my best to discuss it with him and try to curb his behaviour, but I don't think I was successful. We all got used to the big roadways and lack of traffic and the booming Valley is now getting more crowded...perhaps it'll just take us all some time to get used to it and behave appropriately.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:14 PM

6 posts, read 22,066 times
Does anybody know if the area in bullhead city,right by the gas station
by hwy 95 and Landon Ave is ok. It seemed nice so I'm moving in a couple
of weeks.One waiter at the hotel said there are gangs by the river.But I'm
a couple miles up.everone I met seemed nice even the officer who gave me my 1st ticket since 1977.(shouldn't have rented a shelby,instant ticket machine,LOL) I don't go out at night.my parents told me when they were there peopl pulled off the side of the road and were target shooting. My friend lived there and said yeah it's cool just don't shoot near or over the roads.
Let me know if that's true.Had a house in the pocono's,everythings changed,first they paved the comunity,even tought you can't see the neighbors,almost all woods.So they stopped my son on his go cart and said he can't ride it in the community anymore because since the the roads are paved it's against insurance rules. Now a lot of building so no more shooting.On route 6 a mile away is just ok,3 rounds in rifle ,6 in pistol,they had a DEP officer hiding in woods,took a few guys guns and they had to go to court to get them back .forget about weekends place is packed and with 10 tables you
probrably might not get one. I donated for new 2x4's for the range the next day they were shot up,guys put buchshot(elligal) or try to shoot somthing off the 2x4's.I just hope that there are plenty of places to target shoot. i liked that area down route 66 away from oatman there was a few big pull over spots where the were old hot water heaters full of holes.well maybe iI can get back into model plane flying not to many trees to hit,lol.Sorry for talking your ear off.
Kenny

Old 09-03-2007, 10:26 PM

6 posts, read 22,066 times
I just visited bullhead city 3 times before buying a condo.I was in Taco bell off hwy 95 righ across the river from the riverboat.I got out of my car as soon as this local guy when I went in right before him there was a old blue truck parked about a 45 degree angle in the front handicap by the front doors.
when he came in he looked around and yelled i don't see any ni**ers in
here.I said what? He said you heard me they are the only ppeople stupid enough to park like that.I'm glad my 18 yr old son is a good kid so we bothe kept our mouth shut,this guy was big.I know whoever parked there was still in the store and handicapped(had permit)I said oh boy to myself,then I looked at the truck pulling slowly past the window and a pair of senior citizens was looking right at me i said to my self oh please I hope they don't think it was me who said it.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:21 AM

376 posts, read 490,074 times
This is one story of more than I can count:

I was carrying packages into the local post office. I had both arms full. I looked like I was about to drop something. TWO people came out of the door as I was approaching. They were an older couple. They looked at me, turned and walked away, allowing the door to slam in my face. I had to drop some of my items to open the door, stick my foot in to hold it open, regroup and carry the things in. The people were still within eye distance and could no doubt see my plight and did nothing to help.

I have had mostly driving rudeness however and have been the victim of multiple auto accidents. That is the biggest problem. They all drive like no one else exists. No one stops at red lights-they seem to think they are optional. No one stops when coming out from a side street to a main street. No one allows anyone in, or waits to allow someone to back out of a space, etc. It is like people take their aggression in life out on others while driving. It is bad.
"I have been the victim" means someone else was at fault for the smart alecks that would like to say I am the problem. (see what I am used to?)

Old 09-04-2007, 01:35 AM

376 posts, read 490,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
WOW -- do you like anyone? Because from the tone of most of your post it sure sounds like you don't. You won't have a problem with the Native Arizonans around here (much to some newbies surprise). Most likely, they will end up being the nicest people you meet! I'm not a native, but I've lived here a long, long time and I have many native Phoenician friends and so far, they seem to be the only sane ones around!
I'm sure they can't be happy with the way their city has changed in just the past 10 years. Even more so the last FIVE! The change here has been massive! Much more destructive than many people realize. If you are feeling unhappy already with the "mix" of people you are experiencing from the influx of people from other areas to Maryland, you will very much dislike it here.
Please try to come here and take a lengthy visit before deciding it's your paradise. Because I have a sneaky feeling it's not going to meet with your expectations.
Sorry.........
I disagree. I think this person will fit in perfectly. There are so many people here that hate the brown people-perfect fit. Also, not too many lib elitists around these parts. Mostly just a bunch of right wing nuts, who have finally started to pull their W stickers off their cars. Although it isn't due to the fact that he invaded a country for no good reason (and has killed tens or hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians), or any number of genuine good reasons to dislike the man-no, it is because he wanted to help his rich friends continue to take advantage of the brown people with "amnesty" legislation. I think this person will make friends quickly as a matter of fact.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:16 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyh1960 View Post
I just visited bullhead city 3 times before buying a condo.I was in Taco bell off hwy 95 righ across the river from the riverboat.I got out of my car as soon as this local guy when I went in right before him there was a old blue truck parked about a 45 degree angle in the front handicap by the front doors.
when he came in he looked around and yelled i don't see any ni**ers in
here.I said what? He said you heard me they are the only ppeople stupid enough to park like that.I'm glad my 18 yr old son is a good kid so we bothe kept our mouth shut,this guy was big.I know whoever parked there was still in the store and handicapped(had permit)I said oh boy to myself,then I looked at the truck pulling slowly past the window and a pair of senior citizens was looking right at me i said to my self oh please I hope they don't think it was me who said it.
Be advised that Mohave County has an inordinate amount of riffraff there.

That said; things there are getting better with more and more 'normal' people moving in and picking up the reins of power--------to the point that many of the Poor WT are packing up and leaving.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:58 AM

34 posts, read 44,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NanawaleJulie View Post
I was carrying packages into the local post office. I had both arms full. I looked like I was about to drop something. TWO people came out of the door as I was approaching. They were an older couple. They looked at me, turned and walked away, allowing the door to slam in my face. I had to drop some of my items to open the door, stick my foot in to hold it open, regroup and carry the things in. The people were still within eye distance and could no doubt see my plight and did nothing to help.
That story describes Scottsdale to a tee and is why I hate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area