Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 01:01 PM

8,053 posts, read 12,328,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorikete View Post
What do you guys think about The Colonnade Apartments on 1930 East Camelback Road?
I don't know about the apartments themselves, but you're getting into a better area. Most anywhere along east Camelback is going to be a lot better than west Camelback by a long shot. The thing to keep in mind is even the studio apartments will generally be more expensive in the nicer locations. You basically get what you pay for ... and it's better to pay a little more knowing you're in a better, safer section. But then again, that's just me. Others may not see it that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 01:38 PM

649 posts, read 1,135,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
I don't know about the apartments themselves, but you're getting into a better area. Most anywhere along east Camelback is going to be a lot better than west Camelback by a long shot. The thing to keep in mind is even the studio apartments will generally be more expensive in the nicer locations. You basically get what you pay for ... and it's better to pay a little more knowing you're in a better, safer section. But then again, that's just me. Others may not see it that way.
also, don't know if this matters, there's a lot of cool bars and restaurants along the "Camelback Corridor", in fact I think there's a pretty good Greek restaurant right near that complex

Old 02-27-2012, 07:20 AM

1,995 posts, read 2,089,779 times
What are you in Phoenix for? Is there a certain area you will be working in or need to be near? Im near bell rd, and central and paying $306 a month for a 1st floor 448sq ft 1bdrm. Not sure about everywhere else, but I love my area. Once I get home, everythings within walking distance, Im right on every transit line. Im 5 minutes to 17, 51, and 101.

Id keep an eye out on Clist for specials or spots. I think in nearly every part of this city, youve got some nice places, and within 5 minutes youll have some spots you probably wouldnt want to stay. It would help to know what your priorities are.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:37 PM

14 posts, read 24,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
One of my friends had an apartment here:

North Mountain Village Apartments For Rent in Phoenix, Arizona - Apartment Rental and Community Details - ForRent.com

It was nice with all kinds of amenities, the area is not bad, and he did not have any problems. What is really cool is you are right behind a major shopping center. The area is very walkable to pretty much everything you need.
I live here and have lived here for 5 years. I currently pay about $500 for a large 1BR (611 sq ft). I live on the bottom floor and have had hardly any issues with neighbors. Had my car broken into once in these 5 years but luckily there were witnesses who stepped forward and everything was recovered.

Staff is reasonable and maintenance response times are decent (expect non-AC repair requests to be delayed during the summer).

I'm thinking about moving in May when my lease is up but only because I make a fair bit more money than I did 5 years ago and can afford to live in apartments (or condo) with more amenities. I've been looking at places for almost 6 months now and it's REALLY hard to beat this location as far as convenience if you don't require close proximity to the east valley. I'm even considering staying and just transferring to a 2BR so that I at least have more space and just save for a home.

Moderator cut: snip

Also I work right off the 17 and Camelback so I've been looking very hard at the apts along Camelback and unfortunately the ones that are at best on par with North Mountain Village as far as location, quality, and relative safe "feeling" are a fair bit more expensive simply because of its proximity to downtown.

Last edited by Kimballette; 03-02-2012 at 01:50 PM.. Reason: Not appropriate in the forum - please send a DM instead.

Old 03-02-2012, 02:52 PM

203 posts, read 752,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorikete View Post
What do you guys think about The Colonnade Apartments on 1930 East Camelback Road?
I lived there about 15 years ago for a couple of years and it was very nice and the area IS very nice. I doubt the apartment or the area has deteriorated much over time. As others have said, it's still a nice area.

If you can afford it, it would probably be a best bet for you.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:07 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,316,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Roller View Post
I lived there about 15 years ago for a couple of years and it was very nice and the area IS very nice. I doubt the apartment or the area has deteriorated much over time. As others have said, it's still a nice area.

If you can afford it, it would probably be a best bet for you.
It seems they did going by the reviews:

Colonnade Gardens Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Phoenix apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

Old 03-03-2012, 03:19 PM

203 posts, read 752,296 times
Quote:
That's too bad that a nice place had to be ruined by bad management.

Shame.

Old 03-04-2012, 01:21 PM

8,053 posts, read 12,328,827 times
Quote:
It sounds like the old saying of "you get what you pay for" rings true in this case as well. From some of the reviews, the rent is a little cheaper, but dealing with the incompetent management is not worth it. Of course, these online reviews are mostly anonymous, and they could be written by anybody with a grudge to hold (or even by a competitor). It's best to take them with a grain of salt, and actually take time to visit the complexes & talk with the landlords.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: