Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 03:32 PM

6 posts, read 17,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
Very interesting- The original Rudy's BBQ and Macaroni Grill were both restaurants that were next door to each other in San Antonio and now have spread out all over the USA
From what I was told - they are both owned by the same owner (???) - whoever owns Macaroni Grill purchased the Rudys because it was so close to the macaroni grill and Rudy's is right on the corner - the 2 places share parking etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 03:39 PM

6 posts, read 17,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageInAZ View Post
Bill Millers is garbage. Its not real BBQ. I'm positive everything they make comes out of a can or a big plastic bucket. If you got o a BBQ place and there is no smoke being vented out the roof and its doesn't smell like BBQ inside, its just cheap McBBQ crap.

Hate Bill Millers, as you can tell.
Agree Bill Millers is like the Mcdonalds of BBQ in south Texas.

BUT.... if one has to have BBQ they can pretty much count on there being a Bill Miller somewhere close in south texas atleast. When I used to travel around Texas, pretty much just out of convenience ate Bill Millers atleast half the time or Taco Cabana - (another restaurant on about every corner in south Tx)...... Bill Millers is typically packed for lunch and even dinner sometimes.

Old 05-28-2013, 07:55 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,081,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subwayaz View Post
That a bummer to hear; I loved going to Rudy's in Albuquerque. Used to look forward to it and to hear that they have replicated there signature dishes is a real disappointment. Thanks for the tip and saving me a trip
Problem is when chains become large they start doing things differently then they did when small. They start changing things to squeeze a bit more profit out of the meals, they start cooking to marketing instead of what got them "famous" to begin with and many times cook to the tastes of the lowest common denominator.
Famous Daves does this with their food. Unpeeled ribs? Heresy in the BBQ world! Thing is it's fast to prep and cheaper as well. They also cook hot and fast instead of low and slow, again to save $$ but they've got 50 different sauces, mostly all sweet of some sort so many are impressed.
There is a place in Anthem that's been good, I know the guy and his wife fight to stay true to his 'Que.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:09 AM

5 posts, read 4,308 times
I would do anything for some smoked sausage and potato salad right now.. Mmmm... I can't wait to be in a BBQ coma. Just checked out the menu too, and the prices look reasonable [url=http://www.rudysbbq.com/page/menu?changed=1]Look Up Menus By Location | Rudy's Texas Barbecue Menu[/url]

Old 06-04-2013, 07:33 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,081,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by francescaph View Post
I would do anything for some smoked sausage and potato salad right now.. Mmmm... I can't wait to be in a BBQ coma. Just checked out the menu too, and the prices look reasonable Look Up Menus By Location | Rudy's Texas Barbecue Menu
Well, I guess being from the West Coast it's pretty good huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area