Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2007, 09:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,239 times

Advertisements

I am writing this in hopes that there is someone left in the Phoenix city government, that still cares and believes in neighborhoods living with each other in respect and consideration.

My mother-in-law has lived in the same home for 45 years and is now 74 yrs of age. She takes great pride in her home, her neighborhood and the community of which she resides. Sadly though, there are those who simply are inconsiderate and do not care about the community and its residents.

I found my 74 year old mother-in-law who suffers with medical issues that cause her to be burdened with physical limitations, in the alley dragging bulk trash and other assorted garbage from behind her block wall to the designated trash area, that some dis-respectful, thoughtless, uncaring individual (s) dumped in the sight of no one and simply left, returning to their homes where they demand to be treated with respect.
I have contacted the city trash department on several ocassions, to no avail. I know this is not an easy task to resolve, however, I see nothing at all being done and no one from the city has even shown the decency to contact my mother-in-law nor I, their silence speaks volumes.

Maybe it is time for the news media to be made aware of the silence that continues to be the only response we have received from the people who I thought worked for us, the community. Maybe the city trash administrators would take notice, when my 74 year old mother-in-law and I are interviewed by the different news agencies and the cameras roll as this fragile, elderly woman drags the trash and garbage to the city designated trash holding area while the city trash department continues to do nothing to help us resolve this situation.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2007, 09:10 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,323,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven l miner View Post
I am writing this in hopes that there is someone left in the Phoenix city government, that still cares and believes in neighborhoods living with each other in respect and consideration.
My mother-in-law has lived in the same home for 45 years and is now 74 yrs of age. She takes great pride in her home, her neighborhood and the community of which she resides. Sadly though, there are those who simply are inconsiderate and do not care about the community and its residents.
I found my 74 year old mother-in-law who suffers with medical issues that cause her to be burdened with physical limitations, in the alley dragging bulk trash and other assorted garbage from behind her block wall to the designated trash area, that some dis-respectful, thoughtless, uncaring individual (s) dumped in the sight of no one and simply left, returning to their homes where they demand to be treated with respect.
I have contacted the city trash department on several ocassions, to no avail. I know this is not an easy task to resolve, however, I see nothing at all being done and no one from the city has even shown the decency to contact my mother-in-law nor I, their silence speaks volumes.
Maybe it is time for the news media to be made aware of the silence that continues to be the only response we have received from the people who I thought worked for us, the community. Maybe the city trash administrators would take notice, when my 74 year old mother-in-law and I are interviewed by the different news agencies and the cameras roll as this fragile, elderly woman drags the trash and garbage to the city designated trash holding area while the city trash department continues to do nothing to help us resolve this situation.

That's so sad. I am so sorry that has hapened to your MIL. Welcome to the new greater Phoenix area. It's a big city now and it's probably hard to keep up with that stuff. I'll bet they get a TON of those types of calls. The difference being, your MIL is elderly and should have received assistance. I hope things get better.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:52 PM

253 posts, read 1,131,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven l miner View Post

I have contacted the city trash department on several occasions, to no avail. I know this is not an easy task to resolve, however, I see nothing at all being done and no one from the city has even shown the decency to contact my mother-in-law nor I, their silence speaks volumes.
This will get their attention:

Let the trash company know that if your MIL is injured while performing the job that the trash dept refuses to do, then the trash dept will be sued for a personal injury claim and an age-discrimination lawsuit.

There may be more to sue them for; don't leave anything out.

If PHX has a local Gray Panthers organization or Elder Law/Rights organization, you may wish to call them. Sometimes Senior Centers have a free "law day" where an attorney comes in and assists with legal matters.

Old 09-08-2007, 10:09 PM

24 posts, read 23,394 times
Welcome to the Republic of Arizona.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area