Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2012, 01:56 PM

8 posts, read 18,248 times

Advertisements

Hi I am moving from Pa to AZ with my Fiance or son and three friends.We have been researching the areas of Mesa,Gilbert,Chandler to live.We want somewhere that is family oriented,safe,not so far commute from job opportunities,good daycare.and in our price range of 1300 a month for rent.also we are still young in our 20s and still need things to do.I'm very interested in.San Tan valley,what's it like there? Also Wat are the utilities averaging?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 07:26 PM

7,338 posts, read 12,437,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Chanel View Post
Hi I am moving from Pa to AZ with my Fiance or son and three friends.We have been researching the areas of Mesa,Gilbert,Chandler to live.We want somewhere that is family oriented,safe,not so far commute from job opportunities,good daycare.and in our price range of 1300 a month for rent.also we are still young in our 20s and still need things to do.I'm very interested in.San Tan valley,what's it like there? Also Wat are the utilities averaging?
I think a good place would be Fulton Homes Freeman Farms in Gilbert. It isn't too far from activity, and has some brand new spec homes in your price range of $1300/month. Freeman Farms has lots of family activity, and San Tan Village is a reasonable distance.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:36 PM

Ok thank you.my job is in scottsdale so will that be a workable commute?

Old 02-27-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Ok thank you.my job is in scottsdale so will that be a workable commute?
Where in Scottsdale is your job? Scottsdale is rather long in the north-south direction. Freeman Farms is in southern Gilbert, and if your job is in northern Scottsdale it might be a bit far.

Also, just to clarify, do you want to rent or buy a home? $1300/month seems a bit high for a rental.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:56 PM

Fountain hills is where the job is located

Old 02-27-2012, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Fountain hills is where the job is located
From Freeman Farms in Gilbert, according to Mapquest, it is about a 49 minute drive to Fountain Hills using the fastest route. Seems a bit far for me; what do you think?

Old 02-27-2012, 09:11 PM

Yea that's a bit far I would like to stay under 30mins.bit it'll b 5 of us splitting rent so 1300 is the max.no o dnt want to buy a home yet just so I can use this rental time as a trial period

Old 02-28-2012, 10:37 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,288,141 times
If your job is in Fountain Hills it may be worthwhile looking into Fountain Hills

San Tan Valley would be a fail on multiple levels, IMO - first, it's really remote .... it's in the far SE Valley - past Queen Creek ..... i don't think they "young, in our 20s and looking for things to do" crowd is their big draw

If the job is actually in Fountain Hills you could be OK if you found a place near the Bee Line Highway (87) which would open up parts of mesa/gilbert/chandler ...... not that bad of a drive up the bee line - but you'd need to factor in how much time it take to get onto it and how much time it takes to navigate through FH once you are there (you could probably find a place that would be in the 30-45 minute range)

The Desert Ridge area in northern Phoenix could offer a lot as well, but put you near 40 minutes to an hour from FH (although a much better option if the job is in N. Scottsdale than places like Mesa)

I have no idea what rents are on the eastern/northern portions of Scottsdale - but they would work as far as location ...... I'm guessing they may be out of your range though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area