Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 10:53 PM

568 posts, read 1,207,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Peyton isn't going to come here if the Cardinals don't improve their offensive line. The Cardinals need both a Left and Right Tackle on the OL. I can see him coming here if the Cardinals make some moves to improve the offensive line. If we do that, he will join the Cardinals.
Yep...couldn't agree more, especially considering the nature of his injuries. He may have a quick release but still...so did Kurt and he still got mauled. And it just so happens that Levi Brown is up for free agency this year. Letting him go might free up more money to pursue Manning (well, and no disrespect to the injured Kolb, but they would probably need to look at his situation as well). Decent OTs will be expensive in free agency, but hopefully the Front Office can sort it out. Draft has a few decent options for tackle, but that's always hit-or-miss, as we've discovered the hard way. I'd hate to see the guy come to us only to get seriously injured- for his and his family's sake.

But what a wonderful thing it would be for the city of Phoenix (technically Glendale, I know!) if this became reality: Peyton to Fitz....TOUCHDOWN!!! Ok...let a fan dream a little.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 12:16 AM

1,046 posts, read 3,486,927 times
YES. I think the DBacks are and will the be the team for years to come. They have, arguably, the best minor league pitching staff in baseball and some of their young guys are already locked up for years to come. Over the next 5yrs. the town will be into baseball. The Suns are on a downward spiral and it will take a few losing years(5?) before they are good again.

The Cards are still the "team" in terms of tv ratings. They're the NFL and only have 15 games and all of them are important. But to be honest they kind of suck and will for some time. I have no faith in the QB. Since Warner retired it has been at times pretty painful to watch. If by chance they get Manning, all bets are off. This town will be crazy for football again and the poor DBacks will take a seat in the back.

I love hockey. Grew up in a hockey town, watched the best College team in the nation(Sioux) on the weekends, played hockey(bench) in H.S., and still can't get behind the Coyotes. (or the Suns)

So yeah. The DBacks are #1 unless the Cards sign Manning.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:09 AM

46 posts, read 116,223 times
I think the team we'd most like to see win the championship in the Valley is the Cardinals. And they came so close in the Super Bowl just a few years ago!

After that, I think people would really like to see the Suns finally get over the hump.

But the Diamondbacks are probably the most consistently excellent "major" team we have in the Valley, considering all the success enjoyed in the relatively short amount of time the team has been in existence. I think a lot of people wouild still like to see them win the World Series again, but it's not as desperate of a situation as the Cards or Suns since the D-Backs were at the top of the mountain just 10 years ago.

The Diamondbacks may well be more popular than the Suns, especially with the recent debacle of the NBA strike.

I think the Coyotes have a dedicated fanbase, though probably not nearly as large as our other major teams. If they could only get past the Red Wings in the playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundball View Post
They're the NFL and only have 15 games and all of them are important.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:26 PM

687 posts, read 1,948,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xica_da_Silva View Post
Yep...couldn't agree more, especially considering the nature of his injuries. He may have a quick release but still...so did Kurt and he still got mauled.
We were 6th in the league in fewest sacks allowed in 2009 (26 sacks). We allowed 28 sacks in 2008, so I imagine our ranking was similar. No mauling to be seen.

Our line of the past couple years looks a lot worse (especially Brown), but sometimes it's hard to tell if it's all their fault, or our sticky-handed QBs. I think a guy like Manning makes our line look really good, really fast.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:25 AM

2,338 posts, read 4,723,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xica_da_Silva View Post
Yep...couldn't agree more, especially considering the nature of his injuries. He may have a quick release but still...so did Kurt and he still got mauled. And it just so happens that Levi Brown is up for free agency this year. Letting him go might free up more money to pursue Manning (well, and no disrespect to the injured Kolb, but they would probably need to look at his situation as well). Decent OTs will be expensive in free agency, but hopefully the Front Office can sort it out. Draft has a few decent options for tackle, but that's always hit-or-miss, as we've discovered the hard way. I'd hate to see the guy come to us only to get seriously injured- for his and his family's sake.

But what a wonderful thing it would be for the city of Phoenix (technically Glendale, I know!) if this became reality: Peyton to Fitz....TOUCHDOWN!!! Ok...let a fan dream a little.
The Cardinals don't feel Levi Brown is a great OT. Yet, he's projected as a top potential Offensive Lineman in FA. It shows how weak the crop of lineman are on the market. I hope the Cards get Manning, although Miami and now Denver seem to be our main competition. If Manning comes, Jeff Saturday and Reggie Wayne need to follow. Manning will probably demand Saturday hikes him the ball and Reggie is his #2.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:18 AM

687 posts, read 1,948,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum0417 View Post
The Cardinals don't feel Levi Brown is a great OT. Yet, he's projected as a top potential Offensive Lineman in FA. It shows how weak the crop of lineman are on the market. I hope the Cards get Manning, although Miami and now Denver seem to be our main competition. If Manning comes, Jeff Saturday and Reggie Wayne need to follow. Manning will probably demand Saturday hikes him the ball and Reggie is his #2.
I'd accept those demands.

You know who has a line just as bad as ours? MIA. We gave up two more sacks (54/52), but they allowed nine more QB hits (95/86). I would guess that having a home there would be a big factor in his decision, but who knows? Our team probably gives him a much better chance to win, and win soon. Trying not to get my hopes up, though.

DEN looks like they're making a strong push. Honestly, I wouldn't blame him for going there, even if he'll play some games in crappy weather. That's a football town with a lot of successful history, and he'd own it.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:03 PM

2,338 posts, read 4,723,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert A View Post
I'd accept those demands.

You know who has a line just as bad as ours? MIA. We gave up two more sacks (54/52), but they allowed nine more QB hits (95/86). I would guess that having a home there would be a big factor in his decision, but who knows? Our team probably gives him a much better chance to win, and win soon. Trying not to get my hopes up, though.

DEN looks like they're making a strong push. Honestly, I wouldn't blame him for going there, even if he'll play some games in crappy weather. That's a football town with a lot of successful history, and he'd own it.
Good post Robert A. Arizona and Denver are in far weaker divisions than the Dolphins for sure. However, Miami does have Jake Long who's one of the best OT's in the game to protect Manning's blindside.There seems to be pros and cons for each team.

Regardless, Manning has enough money to last several lifetimes. I do not believe his decision will be based solely on the highest offer.Whisenhunt better be putting on the ritz for Manning tonight since he flew here from Denver today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area