Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2012, 09:25 AM

1 posts, read 2,155 times

Advertisements

We are military family and will move next year to AZ. So we are looking a place to live. From this what i hear about Estrella it seems to be good community to live. But because we both never been before in AZ to me is little bit confusing as i can't find any map what shows exact location this community. Some property pages giving me a option like Estrella, Estrella Vista, Estrella Mountain Ranch.Is they are all same place or how i would need to look at this place if im looking a properties over there? Many thanks for all who have time to give me some advise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 09:30 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,205,311 times
Estrella starts at the intersection of Elliot and Estrella Parkway and extends south beyond Queen Creek road. The more heavily developed part ends about 4 miles south of Elliot. The eastern boundary is roughly Estrella Parkway and the western boundary is Rainbow Valley Road more or less.

Originally it was called Estrella Mountain Ranch, then they called it just Estrella. There are three master planned parts: Estrella Mountain Ranch (the original), Montecito (southern part) and Canta Mia (gated old folks preserve).

Estrella is a part of Goodyear. It is a marketing name not a town. There is another area of the metro that is called Estrella that is north and east of the Estrella development by several miles, but it shows on some maps. That is not the place you are looking for. Yours is south of the Gila River and east of the Estrella Mountains. Look for the two lakes on google maps. That is the place. The zip code is 85338 but that gives you all of Goodyear south of the freeway. You should be seeing addresses greater than ab out 10000 south and 17500 west.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:35 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,216,031 times
Estrella Mountain Ranch = Estrella

If you start off on I-10 in Goodyear you'll have an exit for Estrella Parkway/Pebble Creek Parkway

Pebble Creek Parkway goes north to Pebble Creek development (55+) ..... Estrella Parkway will run you south to the Estrella Mountains and the Estrella development

You pretty much follow it all the way down and into the mountain and you'll find the community of Estrella - which has many individual phases, community names, etc

Here is the community map for Estrella

http://estrella.com/Life-In-Estrella/Community-Map

It's located in Goodyear and has Goodyear services - the elementary schools are a part of the Liberty Elementary School District and the HS is part of the Buckeye district ...... all the schools are pretty good, even if the districts aren't the best

There are more services (groceries, etc) being built up there - but for many things you will need to drive the 10-15 minutes into other parts of Goodyear ...... if you are commuting out of the area you will also need to factor in that additional time

It's a lovely place, great sense of community and many people buy there because it is tucked away into the mountain

We have some posters who live there and could probably answer specific questions

Old 03-12-2012, 11:49 AM

1,232 posts, read 3,131,758 times
And just in case- The L's are pronounced more like 'tortilla' than 'umbrella'.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:14 PM

800 posts, read 1,910,321 times
"And just in case- The L's are pronounced more like 'tortilla' than 'umbrella'. "

So many times I wish we could tell our GPS navigation systems that!

Old 03-30-2012, 11:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,968 times
Default Hi Keiks ...

My husband and I just moved here a few months ago from out of state and like yourself, we researched Estrella Mtn Ranch (EMR) a lot, online. I was also confused as you what exactly encompassed EMR since you see a number of neighborhoods outside of EMR with "Estrella" in them. Its confusing for a couple of reasons, yes, they changed their name from EMR to just Estrella, but its only the community(s) off Estrella Pkwy South of Cotton Lane (for the most part). if you go to Trulia (the app is better), and go to the lakes, that is EMR. If you search N of Cotton Ln (off Estrella), they are not a part of the EMR hoa. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but thats what we were told. This is a beautiful community. We just love it!

Old 03-31-2012, 12:07 AM

285 posts, read 904,442 times
Wasn't Estrella part of a master plan community that Charles Keating proposed at one time with some "minor" stipulations in the deeds (such as Playboy or Penthouse magazines would be banned)?

Old 03-31-2012, 12:54 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,398,231 times
Yes, but it wasn't just something he proposed, he did start it. Charles Keating was the original developer of Estrella. I read elsewhere that they did draft rules as you describe, and other behavior restrictions, but took them out of the CC and Rs when they were told such restrictions were unconstitutional. It turned out to be a very nice area, though Keating's influence on it went away when his empire collapsed.

Old 03-31-2012, 05:38 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,218,212 times
Be aware, Estrella is a bit of a haul to the Base if that is where your husband will be working. It is almost 16 miles and Google Maps says it will take 30 minutes with no traffic which my be significantly longer with traffic. I just don't want you thinking you're going to be near the base as that isn't the case at all.

Here is where it is at on the map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Estrel...,+Arizona&z=14
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area