Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 09:13 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,958,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NezzaBlue View Post
Why don't you give her a day at the spa? Let her pick her services, and then just have them bill you. It's really amazing as I just recieved one this past Valentine's Day. They will give her champagne and lunch and she can just enjoy the whole day instead of just a service.

Yeah sounds good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2007, 09:32 PM

430 posts, read 1,410,177 times
Cool a scale??????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Digital scale (a really good one)?
you got to be kidding, give a women a scale? lol yeah, try that!

Old 09-10-2007, 09:35 PM

430 posts, read 1,410,177 times
Default what age group would the lady be in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun196 View Post
I'm thinking to buy a card, cake, roses, spa certificate , jewellery and dinner.
You guys have any better ideas?
I would have some suggestions, but depends on the Birthday Ladys age

Old 09-10-2007, 10:02 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,082,878 times
As long as she doesn't think the spa is because you think she NEEDS some work, if you know what I mean. Stay away from presents that have to do with making her look better. Women think too much. She will be at the spa and start thinking, does he think I need a facial? Or a skin toner? That soon escalates into, does he think I'm looking old, haggard and in need of repair because he can barely stand to look at me anymore? lol My husband gave me a card one year that melted my heart, it said: "Honey, every time I look at you I find it hard to breathe because you take my breath away. Then inside the card was a business card that said: "Anything you want card". It entitles you too anything you want from me at anytime, 24 hrs., no expiration. Needless to say, that night I used the card several times. And still to this day, I will grab the card now and then for a massage or two.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:11 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,082,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azkylady2 View Post
you got to be kidding, give a women a scale? lol yeah, try that!
He he he. Yeah, this would not go well. It never matters what you really meant, just what she thinks you meant.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:51 PM

89 posts, read 448,727 times
okay. I bought a nice diamond ring. i choose to give a massage to spa ;-). And yeah, card, cake , roses and dinner. Cant wait. Its tommorrow.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:19 PM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,790,798 times
Well, four years ago I bought mine a new Mustang convertible for her birthday .

This year for our anniversary, she's going to join me for a nice fluorescent light dinner -no candles allowed- at Banner Baywood Hospital (getting my right knee replaced the day before ). How's that for opposite ends of the spectrum?

Old 09-10-2007, 11:28 PM

89 posts, read 448,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj661 View Post
Well, four years ago I bought mine a new Mustang convertible for her birthday .

This year for our anniversary, she's going to join me for a nice fluorescent light dinner -no candles allowed- at Banner Baywood Hospital (getting my right knee replaced the day before ). How's that for opposite ends of the spectrum?
Sorry about tat. Thats give me more motivate to play less tennis on clay court and have more calcium pills.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:35 PM

8,324 posts, read 13,457,139 times
Quote:
Tats not much...Do women love pearl neckaces ?
It all depends on the person giving and receiving. I always disliked the idea of giving gifts to truly beloved ones on just the special days. I don't usually go over the top and periodically get something not expensive but meaningful for the person. The way I look at it, I don't care about the what date it is, if I want to give a gift to someone for whatever reason, I just do. Buying expensive gifts like a car or jewelry is often excessive and expensive but the issue isnot so much the $$ but how meaningful the gift is. As someone stated, a day at a beauty/health spa is nice, a nice picnic if time or weather is suitable. It really all depends on the person, it could be something wild like a bungee or parachute jump (though not recommended if you've been unfaithful or treated her really bad and she asked to pack your chute).
Also, again as mentioned, depending on the person's age too. Do something out of the ordinary though, imho, common, expectable gifts are often boring and not as meaningful. If she only likes expensive materialistic stuff, I rather not comment cause that is far from my ideal woman.

No matter what, make sure you both have fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj661 View Post
at Banner Baywood Hospital (getting my right knee replaced the day before ). How's that for opposite ends of the spectrum?
Yikes!!! I hope things go OK!!

Old 09-10-2007, 11:50 PM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,790,798 times
Quote:
Sorry about tat. Thats give me more motivate to play less tennis on clay court and have more calcium pills.
Thanks, but no big deal all things considered. 29 years ago I was investigating a wreck in the intersection of 48th St. and Broadway, when some rubbernecker turned me into a hood ornament on his 1973 Dodge Charger. I jumped up just before impact which saved my life, but I took the hit four inches below the knee. Almost lost my leg but I had a great ortho doc. I was a "jock" in my younger days and having the Tempe PD's doctor tell me I'd never be a cop again was all the motivation I needed. After two years and bunch of surgeries, bone grafts, a metal plate and dragging my leg behind me along canal banks, I was running 10ks again. Six years after the wreck when I got hired by DPS, I had slowed down all of six seconds in the 1.5 mile run. Their doctor was right, but 28 years premature in his diagnosis-I finally had to retire last year.

I've always looked at the bright side- thank God he was only going about 30 mph and thank God he wasn't driving a TRUCK!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area