Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 08:45 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,954,117 times

Advertisements

Past few hot days, we talked about turning on the AC, but haven't. Kept the windows open at night, and used a heated blanket to sleep, in order to keep the house temp low in the morning. Then, closed up the windows and curtains after the sun came up to keep the house cool inside. Max temp reached was about 79, mid-day. We're hoping to last until the end of April.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 09:41 AM

1,484 posts, read 2,263,596 times
Ours comes on once in awhile. Right now, lately, the weather feels so perfect, I can't believe it. I've never been without extreme humidity. The way the air feels amazes me. I do dread the summer so I'm enjoying this while I can. I love the cooler mornings.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:50 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,954,117 times
Well, it's been a fun 6 months, but it looks like we might actually have to run the AC this weekend. With highs in the triple digits expected, my roommate and I plan to crank on the AC. Today, the high was in the mid 90's. The hottest it's gotten in here has been 85 today. With the sun going down, the temp should start to drop, but with the higher temperatures on their way, we don't want to go over 90 in the house.

6 months worth of no heating or cooling bills has been an adventure. If you're young, go for it. The low electricity bills are completely worth it. But with a temperature range from 63 to 86 inside the house, it's definitely not for everyone. We might soak some towels, throw them up in the windows, and create a crude evap system, but if the high temps are here to stay then we'll probably only get another week out of that.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:15 PM

35 posts, read 59,656 times
Amazing what a difference insulation can make. I own two houses, the one I'm in now is sitting about 81 degrees inside with the AC kicking on and off to hold it there.

An hour ago I drove to my other property which is vacant. The AC is set to off in that house, and it's a comfortable 77 degrees.

houses are almost identical in square feet and both 1 story. I did pay to upgrade insulation in the 77 degree house.

Anyway, it's a huge difference between the two. Might have to look at my hot house and see why it's heating up so much.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:05 AM

46 posts, read 116,405 times
Last weekend, I almost had to turn our heater back on. I think we'll probably have to turn on the AC in the next week or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area