Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2012, 09:46 AM

54 posts, read 107,734 times

Advertisements

I'm wondering if any of you in Cave Creek can tell me if E Grapevine Road (the map actually shows it as Tumacacori Way?) is a busy road? There are few homes for sale up there that we are looking at.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 10:21 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,510,612 times
There are no "busy roads" as most people would understand that phrase (with the possible exception of Cave Creek Road itself, at certain times), in Cave Creek.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:15 PM

221 posts, read 599,930 times
I think that's where the Vogons are going to build the hyperspace bypass, right?

Old 03-28-2012, 07:23 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,264,775 times
Depends of if you define a bunch of javelinas crossing the road as "busy".

OP: Cave Creek doesn't even have a stoplight. One spot on Cave Creek Road in town has a flashing yellow.

One hint if you go there to look: Obey the speed limits. The Sheriff Dept patrols the road (and parks in the median on C.C. Road going up the hill) and they WILL ticket you for speeding in both Cave Creek and Carefree.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-28-2012 at 07:33 PM..

Old 03-28-2012, 07:28 PM

2,155 posts, read 5,193,749 times
No it is not a busy road. In fact just the opposite. If the house is on Grapevine Rd closer to Cave Creek Rd it will be in an older section closer to other homes and town.

If it is near the intersection of Grapevine and Tumacacori Way it will be in the foothills north and east of town. This is a gorgeous area of horse properties and some high end custom homes on large lots, yet fully developed. Off the beaten path.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:23 PM

After I read this I looked it up and it's actually Tumacacori Way on the map so I'm guessing it's off the beaten path. Which would be nice! Of course they always look better on paper and on google maps or bing! We'll see what it looks like once we get there.

Thanks for the information!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJoeD View Post
No it is not a busy road. In fact just the opposite. If the house is on Grapevine Rd closer to Cave Creek Rd it will be in an older section closer to other homes and town.

If it is near the intersection of Grapevine and Tumacacori Way it will be in the foothills north and east of town. This is a gorgeous area of horse properties and some high end custom homes on large lots, yet fully developed. Off the beaten path.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa627 View Post
After I read this I looked it up and it's actually Tumacacori Way on the map so I'm guessing it's off the beaten path.
It's WAY off the beaten path. You'll be able to hear your heart beating at night.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:36 PM

Ok, this one will be a tough one for us. I think of myself a pretty cautious and slow driver but considering that we have one residence in MD and one right outside of NYC I would say that is all relative. I'll have to really pay attention to speed limits. We go with the flow for the most part around here. Which of course means fast. Everything here is fast. But luckily your highways have faster speed limits than ours. If the New Jersey Turnpike speed limit was 75 mph we'd be getting passed by people doing 100 or so a LOT more often. It happens now at 65mph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Depends of if you define a bunch of javelinas crossing the road as "busy".

OP: Cave Creek doesn't even have a stoplight. One spot on Cave Creek Road in town has a flashing yellow.

One hint if you go there to look: Obey the speed limits. The Sheriff Dept patrols the road (and parks in the median on C.C. Road going up the hill) and they WILL ticket you for speeding in both Cave Creek and Carefree.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa627 View Post
Ok, this one will be a tough one for us.
You'll get used to it if you move to that area. Speed limits are well posted and sheriff cars are a common sight. Locals and regular visitors know to obey the limits. (I think most of CC and Carefree has a 25mph limit.)

No one hurries in those towns. If you do go there and look you'll notice that. Traffic, restaurants, shops... everyone takes their time. (There's a ton of retired people there and they've got nothing but time.)

Old 03-29-2012, 08:03 PM

Seems like it. The Realtor we are working with seems to move a bit slowly too. Could be my east coast mentality but I kind of need responses in less than two days given that the company wants us to move quickly and she's the relo agent recommended!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You'll get used to it if you move to that area. Speed limits are well posted and sheriff cars are a common sight. Locals and regular visitors know to obey the limits. (I think most of CC and Carefree has a 25mph limit.)

No one hurries in those towns. If you do go there and look you'll notice that. Traffic, restaurants, shops... everyone takes their time. (There's a ton of retired people there and they've got nothing but time.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area