Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2007, 11:01 AM

2 posts, read 11,879 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am moving to Phoenix for a sales position which will require me to be on the cell phone constantly. Currently, I have Verizon which is great, but unsure of coverage out in AZ. I will travel all over metro Phoenix and down to Tucson and all over Tucson. How is the coverage for Verizon & Tmobile? Any others I should consider? I don't care about price, just coverage. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2007, 12:10 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Verizon is best. Stick with it.

Old 06-09-2007, 03:29 PM

162 posts, read 849,312 times
Default forum

I posted a similar question. I was told most places pick up reception. I think Verizon is best too.

Old 06-10-2007, 01:55 PM

27,336 posts, read 27,387,014 times
Though Im not with Verizon, I went on their website (among a few others) to look at plans and coverages of various carriers. Verizon is awesome. They do offer great plans and cover areas that many others dont. One company I would highly recommend staying away from is AT&T. Theyre still after me for dropping their services after only a couple of months into their contract, but this was before companies started offering that 2 week 'trial period' to see if you'll be comfortable with the coverage/plan. And they can keep coming after me too, for all I care.
Keep in mind though, that not every phone will work in every spot in the US in every way 110% of the time, there will be an occaisional 'hiccup' from time to time for one reason or other, but again, they look pretty good, otherwise.
Funny, here I am 'endorsing' a company that I dont even use. Everyone will have their own input on their carrier, though, just check out the websites, that should help.

Last edited by country pride; 06-10-2007 at 01:57 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 09-15-2007, 02:04 PM

2 posts, read 9,428 times
Default Cell Phone Coverage in Phoenix and Tucson

I have the new AT&T/Cingular. I'm also looking to switch to Verizon. Just anecdotal, but when on vacation in southwest Washington, I could not get cell reception nor could my friends who had AT&T. Those with Verizon had no problems. Similarly, in Maricopa County in the fast growing area of new homes by the White Tanks off Olive Avenue I lose complete reception. Several people I've talked with who live in this area get excellent reception with Verizon. When I talked to a representative, he tried to blame it on the mountains and Luke AFB; but that's obviously not the case.

Old 09-15-2007, 02:16 PM

284 posts, read 1,020,261 times
When i visited az earlier this year my mom was with me she has ATT/Cingular and we were near the airport getting gas she had no signal,in the airport no signal.

I have verizon and i never had a problem.

Old 09-15-2007, 02:18 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
I travel all over Arizona - including the Phoenix / Tucson coridor - VERIZON!!!

Old 09-15-2007, 03:16 PM

9,599 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by britter17 View Post
Hello,
I am moving to Phoenix for a sales position which will require me to be on the cell phone constantly. Currently, I have Verizon which is great, but unsure of coverage out in AZ. I will travel all over metro Phoenix and down to Tucson and all over Tucson. How is the coverage for Verizon & Tmobile? Any others I should consider? I don't care about price, just coverage. Thank you
I've tried all of the major providers and settled on SPRINT PCS (not Nextel) . . .

Whenever the topic comes up, I am amazed at hearing the voice quality and dropped call problems others have with Verizon and AT&T while mine keeps on chugging along.

Good Luck

Old 09-15-2007, 05:23 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
I've tried all of the major providers and settled on SPRINT PCS (not Nextel) . . .

Whenever the topic comes up, I am amazed at hearing the voice quality and dropped call problems others have with Verizon and AT&T while mine keeps on chugging along.

Good Luck
Ditto.

Sprint with its new 'power' coverage area works well for me

Old 09-15-2007, 09:59 PM

27,336 posts, read 27,387,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by britter17 View Post
Hello,
Im sure this one will have everyone saying their company is the best, yada, yada, yada. But the best suggestion I can give would be to go to a cellphone store in person, whether T Mobile, Verizon, Nextel, etc, and ask them to show you the actual coverage map, its pretty accurate. That should help you out. Ive been with T Mobile for 6 years now and have had my share of being out of the service areas, BUT, I also have free roaming. Unless its a place where there legitimately is no tower, but these days, towers seem to be going up in a lot of the remote places that used to be nothing. Who knows, by now, some of those dead areas in WI might have some type of coverage now, but my last couple of trips out there, there were a few areas where even roaming didnt work.
Again, check out the coverage maps at a few phone stores, you can make your decisions from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area