Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 11:04 PM

34 posts, read 131,538 times

Advertisements

now...i am looking to move to west valley...

and if u got to az central u will see what i am talking about...

anyways, seems with new affordable house its easy for ppl to mask their activities...

what are some way to spot such neighbors? Is it even possible? Have you been close to one of these reported houses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2007, 01:23 AM

202 posts, read 981,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoLucky View Post
now...i am looking to move to west valley...

and if u got to az central u will see what i am talking about...

anyways, seems with new affordable house its easy for ppl to mask their activities...

what are some way to spot such neighbors? Is it even possible? Have you been close to one of these reported houses?
I had one next door (drop house).

You will know when lost Mexicans knock on your door at 2 o'clock in the morning because they can't find the drop house, you call the police, and they remove 30 people from the house next door that doesn't have a stick of furniture in it.

Old 09-15-2007, 06:46 AM

27,366 posts, read 27,416,550 times
I think thery are all over but the majority of them that do show up on the news are out in the Valley. Same applies to crack meth labs.

Old 09-15-2007, 08:10 AM

611 posts, read 2,309,477 times
Quote:
Is it just me, it seems West Valley is were most immigration stash, drug houses are?
That's not true at all. East valley versus west valley doesn't matter. Illegal immigrant drop houses and drug homes mostly are located in the "bad" areas of Phoenix. Only every once in awhile will they be in the "nice" areas.

Old 09-15-2007, 08:18 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,612,147 times
One was busted last week in Ahwatukee (drop house).

Old 09-17-2007, 04:43 PM

547 posts, read 1,186,083 times
Quote:
Is it just me, it seems West Valley is were most immigration stash, drug houses are?
Actually, I haven't seen that to be true at all. I think there are just as many in the East Valley and downtown. I have noticed some areas are spoken of as the West Valley that are really part of Phoenix, and one of the highest crime areas is one of them. It seems some media identifies anything West of Central in downtown Phoenix to be West Valley. This could significantly change West Valley versus Phoenix statistics. Have no idea why this seems to be the case, but I've noticed the same doesn't hold true for the East side.

Old 09-17-2007, 05:08 PM

419 posts, read 1,526,103 times
I agree with the original poster. I saw the one in Auhwatukee, but at least 5 others in El Mirage, Avondale, West Phoenix, between the 75th and 107th avenues.

I imagine that since lots of Hispanics live in those west valley areas, it makes sense that the drop houses would be less noticeable there, though you can still notice them.

Old 09-17-2007, 06:40 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,963,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artvandelay View Post
I agree with the original poster. I saw the one in Auhwatukee, but at least 5 others in El Mirage, Avondale, West Phoenix, between the 75th and 107th avenues.

I imagine that since lots of Hispanics live in those west valley areas, it makes sense that the drop houses would be less noticeable there, though you can still notice them.

West Valley has always been know for that. It's just branching out further now. They have many drop house chapters in Mesa, Laveen and Gilbert seems to be taking the new nose dive

Old 09-17-2007, 07:48 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,160,885 times
I was at 67th Ave and Indian School looking at a car the other day; suffice to say I did not start feeling 'better' till 15th Ave on east.

Old 09-17-2007, 07:51 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,160,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
West Valley has always been know for that. It's just branching out further now. They have many drop house chapters in Mesa, Laveen and Gilbert seems to be taking the new nose dive
Housing market is imploding in Gilbert------and, that city seems to be in denial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area