Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2007, 09:57 PM

12 posts, read 39,325 times

Advertisements

I'm a transplant from the East. We've been here less than a month. I practice WTF style tae kwon do and live in Scottsdale. I have a first degree black belt. I'm about a year away from testing for my second dan if I'd stayed in my orginal school. I also want to start taking hapkido. I don't want to go to two dojangs. Where is there near Scottsdale where you can practice WTF style, also learn hapkido (or cousin aikido), and not have to exclusively train with color belts and pray that every now and again someone teaches you a second dan requirement?

I learned the taekuk forms and have two of the palgwe forms, plus chul-gi, keumgong and koryo. I don't want to to walk into a dojang where no one's heard of those forms. Hence the fascination with WTF.

Again, my goal is a reasonable drive from Scottsdale.

Help?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2007, 11:57 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,937,252 times
What is WTF?

I keep reading it as "What the f*ck"...but obviously it can't stand for that.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:12 AM

9,599 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
What is WTF?

LMBO @ HX . . . me too! ! ! ! !

I had no idea WTF stood for anything else!

Old 09-17-2007, 12:22 AM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,788,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
What is WTF?

It's the "World Taekwondo Federation". I never studied one discipline, just MMA (mixed marital arts). No offense to the OP, but HX_Guy, I can see where you're coming from...when I read the last paragraph it had me thinking about 'Asian Bird Flu'.

KarinKarinKarin, wish I could help you, but the only Dojo I knew of in Scottsdale goes back to the early 1970's and I'm sure it's closed.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:00 AM

12 posts, read 39,325 times
I appreciate the editorial comments from those non-martial-artists in the audience. World Tae Kwon Do Federation-style tae kwon do is one of two mainstream TKD styles, the other one being the ITF.

Just repeat to yourself, "Context clues."

I've noticed out here the dominant martial arts are karate and various Chinese disciplines related to kung fu.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:11 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,774,686 times
Any style with "WTF" in front of it is awesome. I imagine that's what your opponent would say or think before dropping to the floor after being by kicked in the face by a WTF martial artist. But seriously, do people still learn TKD? I can't recall any UFC fighters with such background.

Old 11-28-2008, 01:05 PM

1 posts, read 6,188 times
Red face WTF Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarinKarinKarin View Post
I'm a transplant from the East. We've been here less than a month. I practice WTF style tae kwon do and live in Scottsdale. I have a first degree black belt. I'm about a year away from testing for my second dan if I'd stayed in my orginal school. I also want to start taking hapkido. I don't want to go to two dojangs. Where is there near Scottsdale where you can practice WTF style, also learn hapkido (or cousin aikido), and not have to exclusively train with color belts and pray that every now and again someone teaches you a second dan requirement?

I learned the taekuk forms and have two of the palgwe forms, plus chul-gi, keumgong and koryo. I don't want to to walk into a dojang where no one's heard of those forms. Hence the fascination with WTF.

Again, my goal is a reasonable drive from Scottsdale.

Help?
If you still knowing the forms, I can help you with your 2nd Dan promotion Kukkiwon if you are a 1st Dan Kukkiwon already register.//pics3.city-data.com/forum/ima...ons/icon11.gif

Old 02-14-2009, 02:10 PM

1 posts, read 5,980 times
WTF Taekwondo Master Instructor John Nottingham's USA Martial Arts of Scottsdale. Professional award-winning group and private Taekwondo and Hapkido instruction for men, women and children of all ages in the Scottsdale, Metro Phoenix Arizona area. John Nottingham's Martial Arts Glendale Mesa Tempe Arizona Martial Arts Master John Nottingham Tel. 480-443-0088
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area