Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 11:49 AM

5 posts, read 6,024 times

Advertisements

How far is Anthem from the work location?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 11:49 AM

272 posts, read 609,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Check out Arrowhead in Glendale. You might also be a candidate for Anthem if you like to be a little removed from the city. Great place for kids with pools and amenities and good schools, too. Anthem would be very high on my list.
I lived just east of Arrowhead (my house was near 51st Ave north of Union Hills), and agree - it's a nice area.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:53 AM

272 posts, read 609,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayndee802 View Post
About 20 mi - straight shot down I-17.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:58 AM

6,341 posts, read 14,687,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayndee802 View Post
Anthem might be 20-30 minutes away, depending on the time of day / traffic. Certainly lots of nice homes there, but there are nice homes in 85029 as well. There's no need to commute unless your husband enjoys work being an hour away.

It would behoove you to look at neighborhoods and not cities or zip codes- Phoenix is unlike any other city in that we have trailer parks a block from multi-million $$ homes. You can't say that "south of point x" is bad, or good, you need to look at that particular neighborhood.

Certainly, saying "anywhere in the avenues is bad" is ignorant.

Old 04-23-2012, 01:27 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,223,544 times
I work in that general area ...... would not recommend living there, but to each their own ..... mix of office space, Ping is nearby, some contractors offices, metrocenter mall, a ton of fast food places and some other associated shops, along with a strip club, the Bryman school, etc

I would also look into the arrowhead area and anthem could work ...... I have a lot of coworkers who live in NW valley - Jomax Rd, etc

Surprise could be tough

I have a coworker in north scottsdale and he gets in fine .... many of us live in the SW valley and it's about 40-45 minutes for many of us ........ looking about the same or a little more from some places in the SE valley

Old 04-24-2012, 08:05 PM

582 posts, read 1,482,255 times
The office address is good. This is considered the Metrocenter Mall area. The mall is about 4 blocks to the west. The mall is older but there is a Macy's, Sears, Dillards clearance store, down the street, Chipotle, Ross Dress for Less, Bed Bath and Beyond, Burlington Coat Factory Staples, to name a few. There are several major hotels near there and a lot of office complexes. It is not a bad area by any means. The office complexes are modern,there are many decent restaurants nearby. The houses in the immediate area tend to be 60's and 70's, and working class, but as little as a mile and a half to two miles the east are upper middle class homes, and the Moon Valley Country Club area.

Just drive around, and I am sure you will find a place to live of your liking within a few miles (10-15 minutes) of your new job.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:18 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,176,099 times
Moon Valley is fine, but you also can consider Sonoran Foothills/Norterra near I-17 and Happy Valley Rd or Tramonto at I-17 & Carefree Hwy. Both will be easy commutes and are nice communities with plenty of amenities, shopping, dining and homes in all sizes and price ranges.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:25 PM

112 posts, read 292,804 times
I also recommend moon valley. Moon valley is gorgeous. There are pockets of good neighborhoods in that area but the schools are not that great. In general it's pretty safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area