Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 07:43 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,425,117 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for the best homeowner/auto insurance premiums/rates in the PHX area...any suggestions? I will be living in Queen Creek.

Also, any restaurants that are good in the area? I've heard of San Tan Flats and it sounds interesting and then the typical Olive Garden and such. I like places like La Parilla Suiza and Haji Baba's....so anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 10:49 AM

4,866 posts, read 11,250,818 times
Liberty Mutual was the cheapest for us when we moved to Arizona. We had USAA, called Geico and several others and switched to Liberty Mutual as the price was significantly cheaper than the others. Have not had any claims so can't comment on that but they have been satisfactory in servicing our policy to this point.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:53 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,499,642 times
Queen Creek Olive Mill and the Pork Shop are definite assets to the QC area. I haven't tried the restaurant food at the Olive Mill, but the coffee, gelato, olives, relishes and other similar products are wonderful.

Brats from the Pork Shop are to die for, however you cook them. I'm betting the rest of their stuff is good too.

There are some chain restaurants around QC Marketplace http://www.queencreekmarketplace.com...shop-dine.aspx

San Tan Flats is a fun place for a burger, etc.

Old 05-03-2012, 02:27 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,242,796 times
We enjoy breakfast & lunch on the weekends at Schnepf Farms and The Olive Mill, which Observer mentioned. (BTW, peach picking begins this year at Schnepf's on May 12th.)

To us, San Tan Flat is more atmosphere than great food. Bring a few friends for the evening, hang out around one of the outdoor fire pits, order burgers and drinks, listen to the music and have fun.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:15 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,526,453 times
Serano's mexican food is excellent.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:00 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,138,911 times
Serranos is our go-to for Mexican. I just got home from there. Their prices seem to be higher these days. I wasn't nuts for La Parilla Suiza, though, so maybe it's a different style than the o/p likes.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:13 PM

710 posts, read 3,396,151 times
http://www.id.state.az.us/publicatio...mComparson.pdf

The above link is to the Arizona dept of insurance's premium comparison for 2012. Every year, they shop each carrier doing business in AZ, and gather the rates for several hypothetical customers. (18 y/o male, 1 accident, 20 miles each way vs married 75 year old couple, etc. etc.)

Then they publish the results. Have a look and you can see which company charges the least, to whom, and for what amount of coverage. I shop for coverage periodically, as there's really no benefit to being a long term customer these days.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:38 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,092,580 times
In downtown QC at the crossroads of Ocotillo and Ellsworth, there is a little family place called QC Cafe and across the road is another one, called Rudy's. Both are good food, small prices and filled with the locals in the area.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:40 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,425,117 times
Wow, guys....this is such good information! I will definitely look into Liberty Mutual using that awesome comparison chart!
I've heard nothing but good things about The Olive Mill and Schnepf Farms. I will try the Pork Shop, too. I used to live in QC on quite a few acres and there was no one that lived there, seriously. The only places I can recall are Rudy's and Cosmo's Pizza. There was a Circle K and liquor store too.
Thank you - I love this site!

Old 05-03-2012, 09:13 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,499,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingbad View Post
Wow, guys....this is such good information! I will definitely look into Liberty Mutual using that awesome comparison chart!
I've heard nothing but good things about The Olive Mill and Schnepf Farms. I will try the Pork Shop, too. I used to live in QC on quite a few acres and there was no one that lived there, seriously. The only places I can recall are Rudy's and Cosmo's Pizza. There was a Circle K and liquor store too.
Thank you - I love this site!
Olive Mill and Schnepf Farms are basically around the corner from each other. Handy for foodies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area