Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 10:43 PM

2 posts, read 8,217 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at purchasing a home in Queen Creek, AZ. Is this a nice area...not too far out in the 'burbs??
Any suggestions/input would be appreciated. As well as a real estate agent referral that is trustworthy and not going to try to sell me anything due to the soft market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2007, 10:49 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,163,121 times
QC is about 50 miles from Phx, so YES, it is "out there" as compared to the burbs.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:55 PM

235 posts, read 922,704 times
I think I'd wait if you want to purchase in Queen Creek. I really don't think the market has bottomed out in that area.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:13 AM

72 posts, read 234,492 times
ammm.....I dont know how true this is, since I just moved here myself. People are telling me to stay clear of Queen Creek cuz it has some land shifting issues.......so I dont know if you want to do more research on it..........

Old 09-19-2007, 10:27 AM

338 posts, read 1,624,489 times
I almost bought a house in Queen Creek earlier this year but I changed my mind after mapping my commute to downtown Phoenix where I work. It was 43 miles one way!!! In the Phoenix metro area on our packed freeways, that is a horrible drive that I wanted no part of.

But if you are going to be working in Chandler which is about 14 miles away from Queen Creek, the commute may be tolerable (depending on how far into Queen Creek you are of course, it may be farther than 14 miles).

On the positive side, I liked Queen Creek- there are some nice housing developments out there and some not so nice, in my opinion. The prices for the houses are also a big plus. You can get a lot of house for not much money. I also liked the open feel of Queen Creek. It really is way out and you can tell you are away from the city. You can actually see the stars at night, it's kinda cool.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:09 AM

343 posts, read 552,217 times
I've been here for 10 years and hear the same complaints over and over. People move here for the quieter, less urban lifestyle, but you are not going to get the urban conveniences such as shopping, however this is quickly changing. The commute is awful if you have to do it every day into Phoenix, but if your job takes you to the East Valley, it's about 30-40 minutes. One thing that can be guaranteed is that in 5 years this place will have many more jobs and development.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:31 AM

124 posts, read 413,398 times
Some people are willing to drive to have a nice home others are not

Old 09-21-2007, 01:03 AM

647 posts, read 3,340,519 times
Queen Creek, IMO, is not a good investment if you have any intention of selling in the next 10 yrs or so. I'd recommend doing a LOT of research. Also, map out your commute and make the drive a few times during rush hour. If you work in PHX, you'll have a VERY long day when you factor in the commute.

If you do a search on this board, you'll find many threads about QC if you want more info and opinions.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:29 PM

45 posts, read 166,219 times
Queen creek just like any other city has it's good areas and bad areas. Since houses are cheaper you might be able to find something nicer than you will closer to Phoenix for the same amount of money. If you stay on the northwest part of Queen Creek you do have easy access to the Freeways but your commute to Phoenix can still be long (some people consider it long, other's don't mind).

Old 09-23-2007, 06:24 PM

105 posts, read 400,448 times
Just make sure you do the drive from where you work to the area and be sure its what your expecting. Lots of people in AZ think 20+ minutes is a long commute......they would die in some areas of New England where you drive 30 minutes to the T station and then another hour or so on the T to get into Boston and then walk 10 minutes to your office......each way. Everyone has their own opinion of being out there-you need to find YOUR own opinion!!!

If you want a good realtor then send me a private message, my husband and I are working with a woman who came HIGHLY recommended and she does work the Queen Creek area and we have been out with her and really feel like they is not jut trying to sell anything....not pushing us into something priced higher just for higher commission.....shes wonderful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area