Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 05:52 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,710,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
What a beautiful young man that officer was. I feel so bad for his family. I am tired of importing criminals, we have plenty of homegrown ones here already. To our Judges: If they commit a crime here, SEND THEM HOME!
Beautifully stated, MotleyCrew!

I am always amazed that something so "cut and dry" logical to be so difficult for a certain group to comprehend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 06:02 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
What a beautiful young man that officer was. I feel so bad for his family. I am tired of importing criminals, we have plenty of homegrown ones here already. To our Judges: If they commit a crime here, SEND THEM HOME!
They've committed a crime by being here. Why wait until they hurt someone?

Old 09-24-2007, 06:17 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,710,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
They've committed a crime by being here. Why wait until they hurt someone?
EXACTLY, Ponderosa

Why would anyone expect an individual who has blatantly snubbed his nose at our Border Patrol Agents as well as our Immigration Laws merely by entering this country to honor and/or respect ANY of our other laws?

Old 09-24-2007, 06:46 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,252,674 times
I do think that most illegals are law-abiding (other than the immigration laws) and hard-working people who want to make life better for themselves and their families. To me, though, it doesn't matter how good they are or how noble their intentions. It remains a violation of our laws to enter the country without permission or to overstay a visa. People here illegally should be jailed or expelled.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:07 PM

8,324 posts, read 13,459,826 times
I don't know how accurate this e-mail info was but here it is:

Quote:
Bank of America: Can I help you?
Customer: Yes, I want to cancel my account. I don't want to do
business with you any longer.
The Bank: Why?
Customer: You're giving credit to illegal immigrants and I don't
think it's right. I'm taking my business elsewhere.
The Bank: Well, Mr. Customer, we don't want to see you do that, but
we can't stop you. I'll help you close the account. What is your account
number?
Customer: (gives account number)
The Bank: For security purposes and for your protection, can you
please give me the last four digits of your social security number?
Customer: No?
The Bank: Mr. Customer, I need to verify your information, but in
order to help you, I'll need verification of who you are.
Customer: Why should I give you my social security number? The reason
I'm closing my account is that your bank is issuing credit cards to
illegal immigrants who don't have social security numbers. You are
targeting that audience and want their business. Let's say I'm an illegal
immigrant and you've given me a credit card. I have a question about it
and call for assistance. You wouldn't be asking me for a Social Security
number, would you?
The Bank: No sir, I wouldn't.
Customer: Why not?
The Bank: Because you would have pressed '2' to speak in Spanish. We
don't ask for that information when calling in on the Spanish line.

The "snopes" for doubters:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/bankofamerica.asp

1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year. http://tinyurl.com/zob77

2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.
http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html

3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens. http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html

4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of
English! http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.0.html (broken link)

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html

6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.

7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.

8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare & social services by the American taxpayers.
http://premium.cnn.com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01.html (broken link)

9. $200 Billion Dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens. CNN.com - Transcripts

10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that's two and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular, their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0606/12/ldt.01.html

11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroine and marijuana, crossed into the U. S from the Southern border. Homeland Security Report: http://tinyurl.com/t9sht

12. The National Policy Institute, "estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period."
http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/pdf/deportation.pdf

13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances back to their countries of origin. http://www.rense.com/general75/niht.htm

14. "The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million Sex Crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States ". http://www.drdsk.com/articles.html

The total cost is a whopping $338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR!

Old 09-24-2007, 10:07 PM

547 posts, read 1,185,803 times
Quote:
Except he was, and he came right back over the border, was caught once and released and eventually committed the cold blooded murder of Officer Erfle.
Here is an article on the shooter. For those of you who may be from out of state and/or may not have heard the whole story.
After deportation, shooter was caught, freed again (broken link)

Old 09-24-2007, 11:29 PM

8,324 posts, read 13,459,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Annie View Post
Except he was, and he came right back over the border, was caught once and released and eventually committed the cold blooded murder of Officer Erfle.
Here is an article on the shooter. For those of you who may be from out of state and/or may not have heard the whole story.
After deportation, shooter was caught, freed again (broken link)
Wow, that blew my mind. Quite disappointing to see how 'calm' the police sounded in that article after a fellow officer was gunned down!

If an American citizen was to kill a police officer, that guy would have been hunt down like an animal (that he is), so why can't we show the same courtesy to an illegal alien who commits the same crime?
He was an illegal alien from a young age committing all sorts of crimes and getting away with it instead of tossing someone's salad in jail and then getting tossed out of the country!
They have to be twice as hard on illegals then it might actually make those undesirables think twice about coming over and doing something bad!

I got to know quite a few illegals, individuals and families and they all seemed conservative, quiet and law obiding regardless of their financial or educational status but these other types (baddies) mentioned on this thread I have zero tolerance for!

Old 09-25-2007, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Wow, that blew my mind. Quite disappointing to see how 'calm' the police sounded in that article after a fellow officer was gunned down!

If an American citizen was to kill a police officer, that guy would have been hunt down like an animal (that he is), so why can't we show the same courtesy to an illegal alien who commits the same crime?
He was an illegal alien from a young age committing all sorts of crimes and getting away with it instead of tossing someone's salad in jail and then getting tossed out of the country!
They have to be twice as hard on illegals then it might actually make those undesirables think twice about coming over and doing something bad!

I got to know quite a few illegals, individuals and families and they all seemed conservative, quiet and law obiding regardless of their financial or educational status but these other types (baddies) mentioned on this thread I have zero tolerance for!
I know, I was surprised by the tone of the article as well. It was the only one I could find quickly that went into detail about his previous crimes, but I don't think it's indicative of the way they really feel. Do you? I'm sure you have heard as I have the backlash since Officer Erfle's murder. Although the police admit when they make an arrest they do not check legal status nor do they check if the criminal was previously deported. Unless/Until they start using all the resources at their disposal this will continue. They say they do not have enough officers to take the additional time to check these things and if they take the time they may not be as responsive when they get a 911call.

Like you said, they need to be twice as hard on illegal criminals.
Unfortunately, apparently they are twice as lenient instead because of policy. Shows how much power the pro-illegal groups have here in Phoenix, doesn't it? Of course this particular murderer won't have to be hunted down because after he hi-jacked the car and held the gun to his hostage's head when he was surrounded by the police, he was shot and killed.

I have had the same experiences with illegals. I think many people on this forum who are against illegal aliens have no tolerance for ANY illegals, and I can understand that because we cannot afford the numbers streaming in. But I am torn because I too have met some very wonderful people here who I really wish we had a place for in our country. But we just can't afford them. Our country is being strangled financially. I worry about the future of our children and grandchildren if something isn't done. Our infrastructure can handle the numbers of approved legal immigrants, but not the flood of illegal aliens.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:17 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,752,843 times
I could hardly read today's paper, my eyes kept watering up. My dad was a Los Angeles police officer so I am a little hyper sensitive. Poor family, our thoughts and prayers are with them.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:36 AM

Quote:
I could hardly read today's paper, my eyes kept watering up. My dad was a Los Angeles police officer so I am a little hyper sensitive. Poor family, our thoughts and prayers are with them.
Amen! A huge tragedy! His youngest son is so young, he probably won't even have the comfort of memories when he is a little older. It's a dangerous job and it's becoming more and more so. My thoughts and prayers and heartfelt thanks go to his family and to all the officers who risk their lives daily to serve and protect us.

Did you see the memorial yesterday? Talk about eyes watering, I was a blubbering idiot. I can just imagine with your dad being a former Los Angeles police officer, things like this probably bring back the apprehension I'm sure you felt all the time while he was on duty. I thank you too! All the officers AND their families deserve our heartfelt thanks and support for all they do for us. The whole family pays the ultimate price of an officers life when things go terribly wrong like this. That is why I am an enthusiastic supporter of 100Club.

Any one who would like to know about 100 Club and/or donate. Here is the Arizona web site.
100 Club of Arizona supporting families of public safety officers and fire fighters when tragedy strikes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area