Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 06:24 PM

547 posts, read 1,186,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia983 View Post
I might be a little off topic here in what everyone is arguing about but I can say this. I am mexican, and I moved to canada when i was a young girl. I remember going to the american embassy in mexico city on numerous occasions applying for my american visa. I just wanted to go to disneyland! the reason I was there so many times was because my mother and I were denied many many times. everytime we went there the place was filled with people who stood in line for hours and hours sometimes waiting since the night before. I know that they don't grant visas to the majority of the people because they have certain guidelines to follow and it also comes down to how lucky you are. I know of people who were just like me and received an american visa that was good for life.

I think that if more american visas where granted and they had more programs to work with people there it would be a better filtering process. for example, i know that every mexican that crosses that border doesn't necessarity like the life they are living in america. some reach the US and experience racism that they have not had to deal with before, poverty, in some cases just as bad or even worse than they had in mexico and other things. it all depends on each indvidual's situations.

If these people who are not enjoying their time here could just get back on a bus or plane and head back to mexico they would more easily do that if they were documented. many of the illegal mexicans paid a lot money which was probably borrowed and they have to pay back, therefore, they feel the need to pay it back and after having to struggle by coming across the border and how difficult it is, they are not willing to just go back after going through all of that. they feel the need to get something out of it.

I know my point of view is not complete here, since there are many more things that can be added to this.
We might be able to increase the legal immigration quota if we didn't have so many coming in who are illegal. We are saturated. We can't take it anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Charles_ View Post
I used to post on another BBS where one of the resident trolls is an advocate for illegal immigrants. She immediately accuses anyone who speaks up about illegal immigration of racism and of course starts calling them racist along with a repertoire of juvenile insults.

She recently started stalking one the posters on that board for turning a family of illegal immigrants into the INS. It turns out one of the children from that family (of illegal immigrants) was extorting money from other children before and after school and pulled a knife on that person’s child demanding money So after finding out the identity of that child and child’s family that poster turned them in to INS. That poster then started a thread on that BBS to discuss what had happened. The illegal immigration advocate (and troll on that BBS) was outraged.

More than once I have seen televised town hall meetings where illegal immigrant advocates in the audience will immediatley start to argue that here is no such thing as an illegal immigrant and shortly thereafter start in with accusations of racism.
We get the same type on this forum too. But we know it for what it is, just a feeble attempt to get us to shut up and give up. Not a chance!

Old 09-27-2007, 08:12 PM

937 posts, read 2,836,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj661 View Post
You got that right! And this isn't a new problem:
The Officer Down Memorial Page Remembers . . . (http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=3265 - broken link)
Ken Collings was murdered by an illegal immigrant May 27, 1988. And he wasn't the first. I didn't know him, but I carried the wanted poster of his murderer on my clipboard for 12 years until the coward was finally captured in Mexico and extradited back to AZ on the condition that he NOT receive the death penalty.

Then there was Phoenix PD Officer Marc Atkinson killed by an illegal in 1999.

Park Ranger Kris Eggle was murdered by illegals in the Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument in 2002.

Another Phoenix Officer, Robert Sitek was shot multiple times in 2003 by an illegal. Thank God he survived, but his life will never be what it should have.
AZ Victims of Aliens at United for A Sovereign America (USA)

Unlike many police departments with policies that FORBID officers to call Border Patrol or ICE to pick up illegals when they're located, I worked for one that did allow it. Problem was, the vast majority of the time, they wouldn't respond or would give an ETA of several hours. I can't tell you how much it pissed me off to stop a van loaded with twenty-plus illegals inside and then have to let them go. The only thing we could do, if we were close to a city, was tow the vehicles which invariably had expired registration and no insurance. The only conciliation in doing that was taking the unlicensed driver of an unsafe vehicle off the road so he didn't kill someone. As a side note, easily one-third of the illegals I came in contact with were from Honduras, Guatemala and Nicaragua-not Mexico.

The solution to the problem is simple, and although expensive and time consuming, it would be worth it. Unfortunately, those who claim to represent us in Washington don't care about the U.S. They care about supplying big business with cheap labor and their bottom lines. One way or another, they need to get the message that the vast majority of Americans, the ones who pay the bills, want our immigration laws enforced.

Military bases need to be on or near our borders - north and south - and our land based forces should be our front-line defense. the Border Patrol doesn't have the manpower.

Repeal the 14th Amendment. It was ratified in 1868 to ensure former slaves would not be denied citizenship. It wasn't intended to create Anchor Babies! There isn't one former slave still alive: Mission Accomplished-get rid of it.

Empower ALL United States law enforcement personnel to arrest persons illegally within the country.

If you think this belongs on the immigration forum, I disagree. As artvandelay said, Arizona is the major pipeline into the U.S. from the south. It has a crippling effect on our health care and educational systems. And for the liberals, how many more trees had to die because the Arizona State and Mesa City Governments feel they must send me all ballots, instructions and forms in English AND Spanish?

I agree with everything you stated, from the military bases to repealing the 14th amendment. But the question I ask is, how do we get it done? The ideas are great, and its surely a BIG help to the solution of our problem, but whats it going to take to get it done?

Im in no way slamming anything; I just want to get this put in the fast track.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:04 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,735,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj661 View Post
You got that right! And this isn't a new problem:

Ken Collings was murdered by an illegal immigrant May 27, 1988. And he wasn't the first. I didn't know him, but I carried the wanted poster of his murderer on my clipboard for 12 years until the coward was finally captured in Mexico and extradited back to AZ on the condition that he NOT receive the death penalty.

Then there was Phoenix PD Officer Marc Atkinson killed by an illegal in 1999.

Park Ranger Kris Eggle was murdered by illegals in the Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument in 2002.

Another Phoenix Officer, Robert Sitek was shot multiple times in 2003 by an illegal. Thank God he survived, but his life will never be what it should have.
AZ Victims of Aliens at United for A Sovereign America (USA)

Unlike many police departments with policies that FORBID officers to call Border Patrol or ICE to pick up illegals when they're located, I worked for one that did allow it. Problem was, the vast majority of the time, they wouldn't respond or would give an ETA of several hours. I can't tell you how much it pissed me off to stop a van loaded with twenty-plus illegals inside and then have to let them go. The only thing we could do, if we were close to a city, was tow the vehicles which invariably had expired registration and no insurance. The only conciliation in doing that was taking the unlicensed driver of an unsafe vehicle off the road so he didn't kill someone. As a side note, easily one-third of the illegals I came in contact with were from Honduras, Guatemala and Nicaragua-not Mexico.

The solution to the problem is simple, and although expensive and time consuming, it would be worth it. Unfortunately, those who claim to represent us in Washington don't care about the U.S. They care about supplying big business with cheap labor and their bottom lines. One way or another, they need to get the message that the vast majority of Americans, the ones who pay the bills, want our immigration laws enforced.

Military bases need to be on or near our borders - north and south - and our land based forces should be our front-line defense. the Border Patrol doesn't have the manpower.

Repeal the 14th Amendment. It was ratified in 1868 to ensure former slaves would not be denied citizenship. It wasn't intended to create Anchor Babies! There isn't one former slave still alive: Mission Accomplished-get rid of it.

Empower ALL United States law enforcement personnel to arrest persons illegally within the country.

If you think this belongs on the immigration forum, I disagree. As artvandelay said, Arizona is the major pipeline into the U.S. from the south. It has a crippling effect on our health care and educational systems. And for the liberals, how many more trees had to die because the Arizona State and Mesa City Governments feel they must send me all ballots, instructions and forms in English AND Spanish?
I agree 100%, aj661 . . . especially the "Repeal the 14th Amendment"!

Bottom line . . . by eliminating all of the incentives, most ILLEGALS will "self-deport" in no time.

Have you considered running for a public office?

Old 09-27-2007, 10:29 PM

8,342 posts, read 13,485,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post
but whats it going to take to get it done?
Im in no way slamming anything; I just want to get this put in the fast track.
A better government wouldn't be a bad thing to start with.

Imho, the only position that should have the most strict and comprehensive check on a candidate's background, personality, intelligence and education should be for to become the President of US.

There should be a specilized academy to accept, gifted Americans with above average intelligence, a very strong personality with an even stronger backbone and more importantly a one-in-a-million psyche!

This school/academy will be training diplomats, superior court judges, other high level government titles and as you guessed it, future Presidents!

There should be a special program to train, educate, prepare and eventually select a President. We need to create the president from his/her childhood on and mold this handpicked individuals into a superior (mentally at least) human being. If we are forced to pick a president from what is currently available, we are SOL for anything to change for better anytime soon!

As someone else also mentioned, I seriously doubt much of anything will get better or even stay the same since this country was built on and evolves around $$.
I fear as Albert Einstein jokingly commented, World War 3 will be done and over with much like a computer game...World War 4 will be with sticks and stones...

Old 09-28-2007, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
I agree 100%, aj661 . . . especially the "Repeal the 14th Amendment"!

Bottom line . . . by eliminating all of the incentives, most ILLEGALS will "self-deport" in no time.

Have you considered running for a public office?
That's exactly what I was thinking. We need people in office who have a clear idea of what we need to get this country back on track.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:01 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,735,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Annie View Post
That's exactly what I was thinking. We need people in office who have a clear idea of what we need to get this country back on track.
Absolutely, Arizona Annie!

That characteristic is definitely in "short supply" nowadays!

Old 09-29-2007, 02:15 PM

8,342 posts, read 13,485,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Absolutely, Arizona Annie!

That characteristic is definitely in "short supply" nowadays!
The problem, imho, it not that there is a shortage but these individuals are either too smart or too honest to get too high and successful in Washington, DC.
...the day we actually see honest, true-to-his-word, reliable politician or lawyer is the day I will see Angels coming down from Heaven while singing Deep Purple's 'Dreaming'...

Old 09-29-2007, 04:12 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,659,244 times
Wasn't it the Mexican President who said (something along the lines) in one of his speeches that if the USA were to build a 50 foot wall - that they would be there with a 51 foot ladder?

Old 09-29-2007, 04:34 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,208,410 times
Well the problem is that before we get "conprehensive" immigration reform we must first have "comprehensive" border security! We also need a time-out on immirgration for at least 4 years.

I'm also getting tired of people saying that if you're against illigal immigrants you're a racist. That is no different from people saying you're unpatriotic if you oppose the Iraq war!

Hey Arizona Annie! You go girl! Run for office and kick some butt!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area