Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 04:50 PM

547 posts, read 1,185,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Wasn't it the Mexican President who said (something along the lines) in one of his speeches that if the USA were to build a 50 foot wall - that they would be there with a 51 foot ladder?
He might have said it as well, but it was Arizona's governor who I remember making the statement. She believes it won't be effective because they already have ladders to get over the walls we already have. It doesn't even slow them down. They have lookouts on roofs of houses close to the border and ladders they rent. I remember one of our local news stations going down there and talking to one of the Mexicans (through an interpreter) who makes a very good living with a pair of binoculars, his roof and a ladder. He doesn't think it's wrong because he thinks we owe them sanctuary for some reason. He pays off the local constable to look the other way.

Anyway, here is the quote and a bit more....

INVASION USA
Napolitano bludgeons
border-fence proposal
Governor: 'Show me a 50-foot wall and I'll show you a 51-foot ladder'

Posted: December 21, 2005
5:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Gov. Janet Napolitano, D-Ariz.

Despite recent momentum in Washington for the construction of a physical barrier on the Mexican border to prevent illegal aliens from coming into the U.S., some of the strongest opposition is being voiced by the governor of one of the border states.

Moderator cut: do not reposts copyrighted articles

Last edited by Yac; 12-13-2007 at 04:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 04:54 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joninaz View Post
This is nuts.

Let me just preface this with the fact that I'm an immigrant. My family moved here when I was 6 and we all got green cards. My dad was a scientist and all three of us kids grew up, got degrees, and pay more into the system than we take. Immigrations has been key to this country's growth and is vital to the future. But is has to be managed.

This week's cop killer had been busted time and again. Deported 7 months ago, he kept showing up. He put a bullet in the face of a cop who stopped him for jaywalking. The last cop died for showing up to a bad check deal. Previous to that, a cop was killed for pulling soemone over for speeding. These weren't bak robbers or other heists. Just daily tasks that got terrribly violent.

It might help if the schools worked together to denounce this stuff.
never have so few given so much to so many for so little.
it bothers me when very righteous men die and so few tears are shed.
yet when the unrighteous die at the hand of the law, the city goes into a rage. if this is not evil, its a good imitation.

the sky is crying.
stephen s
san diego ca

Old 09-29-2007, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Well the problem is that before we get "conprehensive" immigration reform we must first have "comprehensive" border security! We also need a time-out on immirgration for at least 4 years.

I'm also getting tired of people saying that if you're against illigal immigrants you're a racist. That is no different from people saying you're unpatriotic if you oppose the Iraq war!

Hey Arizona Annie! You go girl! Run for office and kick some butt!
Thanks CamaroGuy, but I don't know about running for office myself. I was talking about aj661 running. But thanks for the vote of confidence!
Annie

Old 09-29-2007, 05:09 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,201,863 times
You are most welcome my lady!:-)

Old 09-29-2007, 06:10 PM

8,324 posts, read 13,459,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
You are most welcome my lady!:-)
You two, get a room please!

Back on the topic, later on they will discover that Gov. Janet Napolitano's real name is actually Juanita Nunez!

...lol....I am only kidding, don't call me racist please. I am also an immigrant who'd gone through the process and got his yellow card and then the green one...

Old 09-29-2007, 08:02 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,201,863 times
I'm not a bigot either. I'm just asking people to play by the rules thats all.

Old 09-29-2007, 08:46 PM

Ditto and Ditto. I'm against all illegal immigration. I'm for all legal immigration. If they come here legally, I'm glad to welcome them with open arms.

BTW, Governor Janet also opposed Proposition 200, the measure to block illegal immigrants from collecting welfare benefits they are not entitled to, which we passed. However in July, she did sign the state legislation designed to penalize employers who knowingly hire illegal immigrants. So far that has been the one piece of legislation making the biggest difference in this states illegal numbers. I just don't know what to make of her and her policies. First it seems she is encouraging them to stay, then she makes a move encouraging them to go. ????

And Turco, Don't be jealous.

Old 09-29-2007, 10:39 PM

21 posts, read 73,212 times
Has every one joined NUMBERSUSA? This is one good way to fight.

As for "Janet", I didn't vote for her and didn't know many others that did. So how did she get re-elected? Bummer must have. Ha. Like you all, I got tired of the mess and moved.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:32 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,710,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusflower View Post
Has every one joined NUMBERSUSA? This is one good way to fight.

As for "Janet", I didn't vote for her and didn't know many others that did. So how did she get re-elected? Bummer must have. Ha. Like you all, I got tired of the mess and moved.
Now that you've been "deported" and took Janet with you . . . IT'S GONNA GET BETTER!

Hehehe!

Old 09-30-2007, 09:56 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times
70 Miles of New Border Fencing Almost Complete

Construction on 70 miles of new fence along the U.S. border with Mexico should be finished tomorrow.

That completes the first phase of a plan to add 370 miles of new barriers by the end of next year. Most is in Arizona.

U.S. Customs and Border Enforcement spokesman Brad Benson says his agency met its goal of having the new fencing built by the end of September.

Fences have gone up near the Arizona border towns of Douglas, Naco, Sasabe, San Luis and Yuma, and along the Barry M. Goldwater Air Force Range. Besides the 58 miles built here, 3 miles went up in New Mexico and 9.2 miles in California.

Arizona Senator Jon Kyl says the new fence should help convince skeptics that the government is serious about securing the border.

70 Miles of New Border Fencing Almost Complete
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area