Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 07:29 PM

419 posts, read 907,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen431 View Post
Sad to hear that about Toledo. I'm worried the same might happen to Cincy soon with Chiquita moving away and rumors of P&G doing the same.
Who says there are rumors of P&G leaving???

Aren't they pretty much the 'lynch pin" employer in town?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 09:14 PM

31 posts, read 43,110 times
I moved here last year in the summer and I'm from Detroit. The decay of the D is what made me leave without looking back. I moved to Surprise right into an apartment and am now about to move into a rental house...not quite ready to purchase yet. I have two kids, one beginning HS next year and the other going to the 6th grade. I loaded up my minivan and drove here but had my things moved by professionals. I have absolutely no regrets about the move and only wish I had done it sooner. I was here for 2 months before I started looking for work (yup, one of the ones that moved here with no job lined up because I was just so ready to leave). I was fortunately hired at the first job I applied (funny, because I was rejected from the following 8 before I heard from the first one) which is at...Boswell Hospital! I like it there so far. I love the convenience of having so many places close to home so I don't have to drive much. Back home I averaged 15-18,000 miles/yr on my vehicle and I think I am at about 8,000 or so at 11 months, but the only reason I have to drive outside of Surprise is when I am making an airport run, have to visit a sister facility for work related training, or visit friends I have made since being here (which does not occur often). I am definitely loving it!!

Old 05-21-2012, 09:20 PM

603 posts, read 946,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerby View Post
Who says there are rumors of P&G leaving???

Aren't they pretty much the 'lynch pin" employer in town?
P&G is being offered a bunch of tax breaks & subsidies to move their headquarters to North Carolina. There are rumors coming out that they might move.

Lynch pin is right. It's the biggest high paying employer in the region. Now that NC has poached Chiquita, if P&G leaves Cincinnati, I think Kroger probably would too.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:05 AM

6 posts, read 10,243 times
Well I just got a phone call from Boswell, they are formally offering me the position! Looks like my family and I will be westward bound soon!!

Old 05-31-2012, 07:26 AM

209 posts, read 503,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLynx View Post
Well I just got a phone call from Boswell, they are formally offering me the position! Looks like my family and I will be westward bound soon!!
Congrads on the move to Phoenix. It is nice out there. We have moved from Cincy to Phoenix twice and now we are looking forward to moving back and staying. Once you get by the heat all is well. If you go back home to visit then you will really enjoy AZ even more.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:56 AM

39,093 posts, read 51,295,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLynx View Post
Congratulations on the new job. If you like baseball, move to Goodyear. Both Ohio teams have spring training there. Really, though, Surprise is your best bet with Boswell being so nearby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area