Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 08:19 AM
JTC JTC started this thread

34 posts, read 148,590 times

Advertisements

Im not moving to Arizona or anything (hell no), but i was just wondering what its like in Glendale? I know people who live over there, so im just curious lol..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 04:10 PM

57 posts, read 167,546 times
what part of glendale???

Old 09-28-2007, 09:59 PM

1,112 posts, read 3,998,645 times
Glendale varies greatly by location. The south-central/southeastern part of the city is commonly associated with Maryvale's crime. It is older, and over all, kind of run down. Not the best location.

The central part of Glendale (IE; Downtown Glendale) Is experiencing a sort of renaissance. Much redevelopment is expected, though, this area, like the southern portions, has quite a few crime issues. Overall though, I'd say it's alright.

Western/Far Western Glendale! AHA! That's where the action is right now! This area, historically, was very rural and sparsely populated. Until about 2001, when the construction boom started out there. It's now home to Three of Arizona's professional sports teams, and numerous up and coming shopping districts. Also in this area is the proposed 'Main Street' project, which could, in time, become Glendale's new downtown area. In 20 years, this will probably be the ideal place to live in the west valley; for those looking for an urban scene that ISN'T downtown Phoenix or Tempe.

Then there's the northern portion of the city. This area is generally very wealthy and upscale. I believe one of the zip codes in this area is home to the most millionaires in the the state. The central core of this area would be widely considered to be Arrowhead Mall. Currently the only mall in the west valley (besides Desert Sky in Phoenix, but does that REALLY count?). This is the best part of Glendale, at the moment. Lowest crime, highest quality of life. Overall, very nice.

Hope this helped give you an idea! =D

Old 09-29-2007, 02:35 PM

111 posts, read 226,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyW View Post
Then there's the northern portion of the city. This area is generally very wealthy and upscale. I believe one of the zip codes in this area is home to the most millionaires in the the state.
Yes, the zip code containing Arrowhead Lakes officially has the highest concentration of millionaires in Arizona. However it's very friendly and folksy unlike the other upscale areas like Paradise Valley and Scottsdale which tend to be very rude and pretentious. If I were to live in Arizona long term, Arrowhead would be high on my list of places to live and raise a family.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:14 AM

2,039 posts, read 6,323,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyW View Post

Then there's the northern portion of the city. This area is generally very wealthy and upscale. I believe one of the zip codes in this area is home to the most millionaires in the the state.
****NOTE to everyone****
These "millionaires" are mostly second home owners and DO NOT live here the majority of the year!!! I don't know why you guys insist on including that "myth" into conversations. That is so misleading!

Old 10-01-2007, 11:34 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,165,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
****NOTE to everyone****
These "millionaires" are mostly second home owners and DO NOT live here the majority of the year!!! I don't know why you guys insist on including that "myth" into conversations. That is so misleading!
While I love Arrowhead Lakes and want to get a house in there in the future, I can't for the life of me believe that it has the most millionaires for a zip. I want to know where that info comes from. I would really believe Paradise Valley over AL any day.

I went to a bunch of open houses in Arrowhead Lakes yesterday and only looked at lakefront homes. There are some nice ones. I just need to find $650k. Anyone looking for a nice home in the range of $650-800k, look there!

Old 10-01-2007, 02:02 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,323,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
While I love Arrowhead Lakes and want to get a house in there in the future, I can't for the life of me believe that it has the most millionaires for a zip. I want to know where that info comes from. I would really believe Paradise Valley over AL any day.

I went to a bunch of open houses in Arrowhead Lakes yesterday and only looked at lakefront homes. There are some nice ones. I just need to find $650k. Anyone looking for a nice home in the range of $650-800k, look there!
Because they are not the only home a person owns. It depends on where a person is from and if the state claims more income tax. Most of those so called millionaires are independent business owners. The whole thing is crazy.

Old 10-01-2007, 04:06 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times
Living on that water at Arrowhead Ranch would be wonderful.
We enjoy the old town part of Glendale. There is a neat little B & B there that has a Jazz band and wine bar that we want to check out soon. Tons of cute little shops, German restaurant and more.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:30 PM

44,628 posts, read 61,611,846 times
In fact, a 2001 survey indicated the area's 85308 ZIP code had more millionaires (1,011) than any other in the Valley.
Arrowhead Ranch area has more millionaires - Google Search

Old 10-01-2007, 07:03 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,165,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
In fact, a 2001 survey indicated the area's 85308 ZIP code had more millionaires (1,011) than any other in the Valley.
Arrowhead Ranch area has more millionaires - Google Search
Very cool, thanks for looking that up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area