Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2012, 05:05 PM

2,338 posts, read 4,718,106 times

Advertisements

Hello all. I do enjoy New Mexican equally to Sonoran/Mexican Food . To this point, Carlsbad Inn in Scottsdale is the only thing I've found specializing in NM Food. I drove by Espos today and it was advertising its Green Chili as the main feature on the sign outside of the place. Has anyone eaten there who can give me an idea of the place ? Thanks !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2012, 05:37 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,279,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum0417 View Post
Hello all. I do enjoy New Mexican equally to Sonoran/Mexican Food . To this point, Carlsbad Inn in Scottsdale is the only thing I've found specializing in NM Food. I drove by Espos today and it was advertising its Green Chili as the main feature on the sign outside of the place. Has anyone eaten there who can give me an idea of the place ? Thanks !

I love the food. Best tamale's I have found. Not sure it's New Mexican style though. There is this place on Lindsay and Santan Freeway in Gilbert that I have seen advertised but I have never been there.

New Mexican Grill - Gilbert, AZ

Of course there's Richardson's in Central Phoenix. One of the top restaurants in the valley. I havent been there since the fire and I think they changed locations.

Richardson's of New Mexico Family of Restaurants

Old 07-01-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
I love the food. Best tamale's I have found. Not sure it's New Mexican style though. There is this place on Lindsay and Santan Freeway in Gilbert that I have seen advertised but I have never been there.

New Mexican Grill - Gilbert, AZ

Of course there's Richardson's in Central Phoenix. One of the top restaurants in the valley. I havent been there since the fire and I think they changed locations.

Richardson's of New Mexico Family of Restaurants
Thanks for the input ASUfan. I certainly will give it a try real soon. Especially after seeing their menu on this link below.

Menu for Espo's Mexican Food at 3863 W Chandler Blvd., Chandler, AZ, 85226, US - OpenMenu Search

Old 07-02-2012, 07:53 AM

7,184 posts, read 9,232,965 times
I'll have to try Espos. If you're looking for NM style food here's another. I've eaten at the one in Mesa and liked it.

Mexican Restaurants Scottsdale AZ, Mexican Food Scottsdale - Blue Adobe Grille

Old 07-02-2012, 10:43 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times
No, it is not New Mexican food. It is straight up Mexican food. I think it's good but I think a lot of the Mexican food in the Valley is highly overrated. I guess having lived in Texas and being Mexican raised in Los Angeles, I'm a bit of a Mexican food snob. Even places like Carolinas and Barrio Cafe that receive rave reviews wouldn't make it in Texas and California. I actually love the food in the Valley and we have great restaurants but it surprises me how we don't have better Mexican restaurants.

Old 07-02-2012, 01:00 PM

260 posts, read 904,746 times
If you like NM style Mexican, you will love Los Dos Molinos. Is Carlsbad still open? I haven't been there in years and used to love eating there when we were running errands or shopping in Scottsdale.

Old 07-02-2012, 01:25 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,607,287 times
Si Senor in Chandler, the original is in Las Cruces, NM. Si Señor Restaurant

Old 07-02-2012, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Phoenician View Post
If you like NM style Mexican, you will love Los Dos Molinos. Is Carlsbad still open? I haven't been there in years and used to love eating there when we were running errands or shopping in Scottsdale.
Thanks Southern Phoenician. Carlsbad Tavern is alive and well in South Scottsdale. Right on Hayden in between Thomas and Indian School. The only true NM place I've found thus far. Glad to hear you and other posters have added a couple more to check out. Thanks again !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area