Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 03:50 PM

788 posts, read 2,110,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin View Post
I am sure there are many people in Phoenix that would trade places with the original poster. I lived in Austin for college and it was (and still is) a great town. The local music scene is some of the best in the world and the number of unique restaurants and stores put a place like Phoenix to shame. Not saying everything about Phoenix is bad, but Austin is consistently ranked as a more appealing place to live. Also has a great singles scene!

But, if you don't like Austin then I am sure there will be plenty of cookie cutter homes waiting for you back in Phoenix.

Keep Austin Weird!
The point is, everyone's different. Some people love Phoenix, others don't. Some people love Austin, others obviously don't. Who's to say this place is better than that place? Also, regardless of what buildings are in a town, people are going to create the mood. Personally, I would never live in Texas for that reason.

Old 10-01-2007, 04:03 PM

1,477 posts, read 4,404,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artliquide View Post
The point is, everyone's different. Some people love Phoenix, others don't. Some people love Austin, others obviously don't. Who's to say this place is better than that place? Also, regardless of what buildings are in a town, people are going to create the mood. Personally, I would never live in Texas for that reason.
Oh clearly. Some people like living in Beirut as well but most wouldn't rank the that place as a desirable place to live.

Austin is consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in the US. Not saying it is perfect (far from it) but most ranking show that Austin has a lot more to offer than Phoenix. But, people have different priorities.

Old 10-01-2007, 04:07 PM

788 posts, read 2,110,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin View Post
Oh clearly. Some people like living in Beirut as well but most wouldn't rank the that place as a desirable place to live.

Austin is consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in the US. Not saying it is perfect (far from it) but most ranking show that Austin has a lot more to offer than Phoenix. But, people have different priorities.

Who is creating the poll, what their motivation is, and who they are polling makes a difference too. Obviously, I was never polled regarding the most liveable city.

Old 10-01-2007, 04:15 PM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,788,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Texas has Chiggars (small biting bugs). Is it two g's or one? They have those and water snakes. San Antonio had the worst food I have had in years. Not a decent glass of wine could be found on the River Walk. I tried them all! There was a really nice Outlet mall in New Braunsfelds that we liked, had all the chain stores there and a McDonalds (be still my heart). I could not wait to get back to Phoenix, sorry

I wonder why people from the other states feel compeled to come here to the Phoenix forum and trash it all the time? I fell out of love with California, but I do not go to the forum and torture people there. Just curious.
It's two g's, Chiggers . Bugs from hell. Whenever I hear "Austin" I think of another parasite from the University of Texas, Charles Whitman. It may not be fair, but it is what it is. Phoenix can't touch that one either . Hook 'em Horns, my ass. Go DEVILS!
Howstuffworks "What are chiggers and how do they bite?"
Charles Whitman: The Texas Tower Sniper

Old 10-01-2007, 04:17 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,742,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Annnnd Phoenix has scorpions and dozens of species of rattlesnakes. Your point is?
You are torturing me!!!!!

Actually, SteveO has enlightened me regarding our scorpions and rattlesnakes so I no longer fear them.

Last edited by MotleyCrew; 10-01-2007 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: Another thought

Old 10-01-2007, 06:24 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,584,987 times
Steve-O lives in Illinois, so why is he badgering Phoenix or even bothering to post in our area. Shall we start badgering Illinois? I know there are as many bad things there as there are here.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:26 PM
jco

2,121 posts, read 6,450,420 times
I deleted the trollish comment that started the flame war. Let's calm down.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:20 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
I deleted the trollish comment that started the flame war. Let's calm down.
Thank you

Old 10-02-2007, 12:11 PM

1,108 posts, read 3,320,620 times
I have spent time Austin and Phoenix. Austin is scenic with lakes and green hills, it has its pluses but with me the Valley wins - that would be my choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area