Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 12:42 AM

178 posts, read 801,613 times

Advertisements

joulees--As of last month there were some very nice , updated houses in the Madison 1 school district, spec. Beverly Park, I think it's called. Anyway, you might want to drive around the neighborhood to see if it suits you, assuming it's not to far from your work site. good luck, moving sure is a job in itself!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2007, 11:08 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,787,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joulees View Post
I'm from out of the country - so the answer may seem obvious to locals, but when a house is listed at $200,000 - is that what the seller is expecting to get, or is there generally a lot of room to negotiate. It's not uncommon where we currently live to get above asking price.
It depends on the market. A realtor working with a buyer client will check the active, expired, cancelled and especially the recent comps in the area to see what the "current" market value is.

Sometimes a home may be listed at slightly below current market value in order to attract multiple bids, so you may have to offer higher than listing price.

If the home is listed slightly above market value then one can expect the home to sell for less. Most people will offer less than the listed price and leave room for negotiation.

Bill

Old 10-28-2007, 12:28 PM

338 posts, read 1,625,546 times
You can find a nice house for $200,000 in North Phoenix (not brand new) some built in the 80's and even 90's. I saw some on realtor.com this morning. Of course if you move out to the town of Maricopa, you can get a 1400 sq foot house starting at $119,000 which I am contemplating but the commute scares the crap out of me.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:32 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,325,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
You can google some of the different builders to see where they are building and for what price.

Pulte has some cute homes in Maricopa that are around the mid $100K's. Shea Homes has several developments under $200K. Trend Town Homes would be on my search list. Their architecture is decent and the floor plans (for young knees) seem to be very nicely done.
Too many to list.
I am curious as to which state can offer new housing for under $200K and have such wonderful ammenities as AZ?
Hopefully this will give an idea of what's the average going price around the area. Just look at a map to figure out where they are. Good Luck!

Arizona Indicators
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area