Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 01:38 PM

5 posts, read 6,872 times

Advertisements

Hello again to Everyone...
I am writing this to ask you'll what your thoughts about the following areas are. Such as Avondale, Goodyear , Tollison AZ ? I do understand Phoenix is a major city and with any major city is lots of crime. Just trying the right area for my family and the safest to a degree . Thank you again ..

E.London
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 01:55 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,234,184 times
There is probably less crime overall in Goodyear than Avondale or Tolleson just due to economic factors. Goodyear has a higher income population than the other two cities which normally translates to less crime. I know there are more "nicer" areas in Goodyear than in the other two cities, however, nice homes can be found in each city.

I live in Goodyear and would not live in the other two cites just because there are more iffy areas in Avondale and Tolleson than in Goodyear. None of these cites are bad or known big trouble spots.

Of course this is just my opinion.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:59 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,449,524 times
Agree with LBTRS' assessment.

Picking an area to live in in a large, spread out area like metro Phoenix has to be influenced in a big way by where you will be working. If you find a job in the east Valley, none of those three make sense.

Old 08-11-2012, 02:59 PM

5 posts, read 6,872 times
Thank you for your advise, work isn't much of a concern to me. Because my company's home office is located in downtown Phoenix , but i mainly work overseas (Visiting areas such as Iraq,Afghanistan,Dubai).

E.London

Old 08-12-2012, 02:58 AM

In that case, then you have lots of options, and need to come out and look around and get a feel for the area, taking into account any other amenities you want to have located near where you live, your budget, schools, etc.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:23 PM

73 posts, read 152,781 times
I live in Goodyear and love it. I've never felt unsafe, have taken my dogs for a walk at night, and there is pretty much anything you need within a few minutes of any part of town. My husband works in downtown Phoenix, and driving in non rush hour times takes about 25 minutes door to door. We also looked in both Avondale and Tolleson, and liked the feel of Goodyear best. There are so many suburbs of Phoenix and each has a different feel- you need to come for a visit and spend some time driving around the areas that you are thinking about both during the day and at night to see what appeals to you.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:17 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,615,882 times
Why not live in Gilbert. It's the 5th safest city in the nation. You should feel safe with that.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:28 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,506,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.London View Post
Hello again to Everyone...
I am writing this to ask you'll what your thoughts about the following areas are. Such as Avondale, Goodyear , Tollison AZ ? I do understand Phoenix is a major city and with any major city is lots of crime. Just trying the right area for my family and the safest to a degree . Thank you again ..

E.London
I highly recommend Goodyear, Litchfield Park, and the northern part of Avondale for good safe areas in the southwest valley.

I don't recommend Tolleson or most of Avondale's south side below I-10, those are very questionable areas, especially the whole town of Tolleson.

Tolleson is very sketchy, older, mostly industrial and not too many good neighborhoods.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:50 AM

800 posts, read 1,912,742 times
You may also want to check out Peoria, Glendale, Litchfield Park, Waddell, Buckeye, and Surprise if you want to be in the West Valley. Each of these has their good and better areas. It is a very good idea to visit the areas for yourself before you decide - you can get a pretty quick feel of the neighborhoods just by visiting them - especially if you do so at different times of day.

Old 08-13-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Chris Webb View Post
You may also want to check out Peoria, Glendale, Litchfield Park, Waddell, Buckeye, and Surprise if you want to be in the West Valley. Each of these has their good and better areas. It is a very good idea to visit the areas for yourself before you decide - you can get a pretty quick feel of the neighborhoods just by visiting them - especially if you do so at different times of day.
I'd back off on some of those. Sounds like you will be doing a lot of flying out of Sky Harbor. Surprise, Peoria, Waddell, Buckeye, all pretty far. Litchfield Park would be a drive, too, but it's a nice area. I'd be looking closer to the airport, including east of the airport as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area