Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2012, 02:15 PM

6 posts, read 18,579 times

Advertisements

Can someone that is familiar with Tempe please let me know which subdivisions are the most desirable for familes with school age children?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 02:43 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,310,873 times
Warner Ranch is the best community in South Tempe, and as far as I can tell, it is the only "real" master planned community in the area, the others are merely subdivisions. Gila Springs right across the street is nice too, that is actually in the city of chandler.

Old 09-12-2012, 03:19 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,548,799 times
There are a lot of nice subdivisions in Tempe, many of them I don't actually keep track of the names. Warner Ranch is nice, as is the Lakes, which is older. There are lots of others. There are good schools in Tempe elementary, Kyrene district in south Tempe is rated among the best in the Valley.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:06 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,989,015 times
I second Warner Ranch. I think a part of Warner Ranch extends into Chandler city limits as well(someone correct me if I'm wrong). Tempe has a lot of nice upscale subdivisions in gated communities. I like Greystone and there's another nice subdivision on Elliott and Kyrene that's very nice as well.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:38 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,109,862 times
The ones I can think of off the top of my head that are nicer:

Warner Ranch
Colina Del Sol
Circle G Ranch
Pecan Grove
Alisanos
Coventry Tempe
Oasis at Anozira

Basically anything around Elliot Road and south is nice within Tempe.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:45 PM

48 posts, read 90,780 times
Dobson Ranch is beautiful too...always liked the cedar shake roofs...

Old 09-13-2012, 02:32 PM

7,333 posts, read 12,416,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflytj View Post
Dobson Ranch is beautiful too...always liked the cedar shake roofs...
Dobson Ranch is in Mesa, while the OP was specifically asking about Tempe. However, considering Dobson Ranch is near the Tempe border, I can see where the confusion lies.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:48 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,351,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShampooBanana View Post
The ones I can think of off the top of my head that are nicer:

Warner Ranch
Colina Del Sol
Circle G Ranch
Pecan Grove
Alisanos
Coventry Tempe
Oasis at Anozira

Basically anything around Elliot Road and south is nice within Tempe.
Basically South Tempe and North Chandler are essentially one area now. For example, the residents who live off Elliott or south of there in Tempe pretty much do everything in Chandler like going to the Chandler Mall, shopping at Whole Foods, Fresh and Easy, Fryes Marketplace and Albertsons in Chandler off Ray, dining at the restaurants at Casa Paloma and other restaurants in Chandler off Ray, using the car dealerships in Chandler on I-10 and Ray etc. Likewise, Chandler residents go to South Tempe often like going to Ikea, Lifetime Fitness gym, Dicks Sporting Goods, Costco, all of the restaurants and shopping on Elliott. So it's really one big community. Think of it like a box with the northern and southern borders being Elliott and Chandler Blvd and with the western and eastern borders being Kyrene and Price. Within this area, the more upscale communities are off of Warner in Tempe but also check out Trovita, Tuscany and Ray Ranch in Chandler near Ray and Kyrene area which is across from Warner Ranch.

I only say this because people get hung up on names without exploring the entire area. You don't want to get hung up on only looking in Tempe or Chandler when there are nice communities in both cities that border each other. You hear just as many people talk about living in Chandler and only look for homes there forgetting that South Tempe is also really nice and upscale and borders Chandler.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 09-13-2012 at 05:03 PM..

Old 09-13-2012, 05:49 PM

2,296 posts, read 3,109,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Basically South Tempe and North Chandler are essentially one area now. For example, the residents who live off Elliott or south of there in Tempe pretty much do everything in Chandler like going to the Chandler Mall, shopping at Whole Foods, Fresh and Easy, Fryes Marketplace and Albertsons in Chandler off Ray, dining at the restaurants at Casa Paloma and other restaurants in Chandler off Ray, using the car dealerships in Chandler on I-10 and Ray etc. Likewise, Chandler residents go to South Tempe often like going to Ikea, Lifetime Fitness gym, Dicks Sporting Goods, Costco, all of the restaurants and shopping on Elliott. So it's really one big community. Think of it like a box with the northern and southern borders being Elliott and Chandler Blvd and with the western and eastern borders being Kyrene and Price. Within this area, the more upscale communities are off of Warner in Tempe but also check out Trovita, Tuscany and Ray Ranch in Chandler near Ray and Kyrene area which is across from Warner Ranch.

I only say this because people get hung up on names without exploring the entire area. You don't want to get hung up on only looking in Tempe or Chandler when there are nice communities in both cities that border each other. You hear just as many people talk about living in Chandler and only look for homes there forgetting that South Tempe is also really nice and upscale and borders Chandler.
You are correct. They are basically one and the same in character and feel. That is my neck of the woods so I'm quite familiar with all of the shopping and subdivisions in S. Tempe/NW Chandler. It really is a great area. Close enough to do all the things there are to do in Tempe, Scottsdale, and even downtown Phoenix but far enough from them that it's a bit quieter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area