Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 12:57 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,998,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by youthinkso View Post
In that case it would be double...since his house is now 3200sq feet instead of 1600sq feet. Sounds like he did it up too. I bet he can actually park his cars in his garage with all that basement utility space.
Interesting comment. I was worried about that when I moved here from a 2800 sq ft house in PA thqt had a storage area in the garage, a full unfinished basement and additional storage above the garage. We weren't using the above garage space but everything else was full. I was worried about garage use and storage space, ut after selling or tossing everything we didn't need in AZ (snowblower, lawn tractor, etc) and a couple of days of organization I have all my tools and other stuff, including a 14 cu ft upright freezer, in the garage and can get both cars in. It's not roomy but it fits and as long as I dont get any fatter I can still get to everything!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 01:57 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,289,109 times
There's tons of basements around me in Chandler and in the SE valley in general, I have a basement as well. As a former builder, the reason is cost. Back East they have to build below the frost level so it's not much more to dig a few more feet with the machinery already there. Here everything is slab on grade due to no frost and it's a much bigger cost to dig the hole and the last time I was building houses, there was ONE company in the valley doing all the work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area