Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2013, 09:33 AM

7,327 posts, read 12,333,607 times

Advertisements

I have been keeping track of our electric usage on SRP's website, and noticed that the March billing cycle has been the longest we have ever seen, running for 34 days now. We have been running our pool pump all this weekend since our pool was infested with algae, and were hoping that the April billing cycle would have started sometime during the weekend.

I was wondering, has anyone ever had such a long billing cycle? I wonder why the April billing cycle hasn't started yet.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:06 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,474,412 times
Just taking a guess on this, but there are 52 weeks in a year but only 12 billing cycles. So two months out of the year you will probably get hit with a 5 week month. Same reason I get three paychecks in March instead of my usual two every month.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:25 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I have been keeping track of our electric usage on SRP's website, and noticed that the March billing cycle has been the longest we have ever seen, running for 34 days now. We have been running our pool pump all this weekend since our pool was infested with algae, and were hoping that the April billing cycle would have started sometime during the weekend.

I was wondering, has anyone ever had such a long billing cycle? I wonder why the April billing cycle hasn't started yet.

Easy way to get the answer to the question is to call the nice folks at SRP and ask. I haven't tracked mine online lately, but the long cycle won't bother me as I stopped running any heat several days ago, and I don't have a pool.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Easy way to get the answer to the question is to call the nice folks at SRP and ask. I haven't tracked mine online lately, but the long cycle won't bother me as I stopped running any heat several days ago, and I don't have a pool.
Unfortunately, I tried that, and they require to speak to the account holder (my father). My father isn't too concerned since I am the one who always tracks the usage. I just find it odd that the billing cycle would last this long. I don't know if our meter is defective and is not resetting to the next billing cycle. With the pool pump running all weekend, our March bill is estimated to be $100. We are on a time-of-use plan, which is why we waited until the weekend to run the pump for we don't run it on peak.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately, I tried that, and they require to speak to the account holder (my father). My father isn't too concerned since I am the one who always tracks the usage. I just find it odd that the billing cycle would last this long. I don't know if our meter is defective and is not resetting to the next billing cycle. With the pool pump running all weekend, our March bill is estimated to be $100. We are on a time-of-use plan, which is why we waited until the weekend to run the pump for we don't run it on peak.
Ah, yes, forgot about that issue.

I looked mine up, since you brought this up, and my daily use recorded by my smart meter for the last 30 days is partly labeled as March billing cycle, and partly labeled as April billing cycle, so I'm not sure what you are seeing on yours. If you really think there's an issue, your father's going to need to call.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Ah, yes, forgot about that issue.

I looked mine up, since you brought this up, and my daily use recorded by my smart meter for the last 30 days is partly labeled as March billing cycle, and partly labeled as April billing cycle, so I'm not sure what you are seeing on yours. If you really think there's an issue, your father's going to need to call.
Oh yes, the overlapping billing cycles. I have seen that before. However, this isn't what is happening here; the March billing cycle is still going on without any reference to the April billing cycle. Hopefully today is when the April billing cycle begins.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Oh yes, the overlapping billing cycles. I have seen that before. However, this isn't what is happening here; the March billing cycle is still going on without any reference to the April billing cycle. Hopefully today is when the April billing cycle begins.
Everyone's billing date and cycle is different (or can be). If the cycle doesn't change, and you are that concerned about it, your father is going to have to call and ask.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:48 AM

Looks like our April billing cycle has started. In addition, this past weekend has been reassigned to the April billing cycle. Our final March bill is $92.80, well below the average of $133.83.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area