Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 06:03 PM

428 posts, read 5,884,817 times

Advertisements

When I was looking for a home, I really liked the idea of being in a masterplan with a community pool, gym, etc so I wouldn't have to maintain my own pool and pay for a family gym membership... Well I just want to warn potential buyers that think like this, it is NOT worth it!!! If i could do this all over, I would AVOID these masterplans. My community gym I thought was pretty big, not as big as something like mountainside fitness, but enough for a small community of homes. My gym is always busy before and after work, which is annoying.. Also, I've notice more people going to the pools, I could only imagine what it's like to fight for a lounge chair in May. All in all, I am over it. I rather trade my high HOA for a family gym membership at the 24/7 Lifetime fitness and maintain my own pool. It was much nicer a year or so ago ago before all these people moved in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 06:16 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,645,144 times
Dang, sorry to hear that. MMR? Hope not for my sake!

Old 04-11-2013, 08:43 PM

not MMR I know MMR HOA is really cheap too. My HOA is over $200.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:53 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,645,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince3vince View Post
Yeah. WAY less. But I also have low expectations based on that.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:46 PM

240 posts, read 838,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince3vince View Post
Wow!! Is that a month?! Our HOA is just over $40 per month, and it has four community pools. However none are ever really crowded like that, as a lot of homes around here have pools. We have tennis, racquetball, basketball, and volleyball courts but no fitness center though. IIRC as the story goes, there used to be a fitness center, but it didn't get a lot of use so it was axed. Wish we still had a fitness center, but for us it'd be driving distance to it, or to a gym, so I guess it doesn't matter for $40 something a month for HOA dues. Our HOA is fairly big and we feel we get a lot for our dues in any case. Sorry you are annoyed with yours. Sounds like a bummer.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:29 AM

4,071 posts, read 5,147,258 times
Sorry if this sounds rude...but you bought into a Master Planned COMMUNITY...with lots of COMMUNITY amenities...and now you are upset that the COMMUNITY is using them?

Old 04-12-2013, 11:43 AM

211 posts, read 544,086 times
That's the main reason I visited Az many times to get a feel of the communities.
I'm choosing to live in a community with no pools or fitness center! Don't want the high Hoa.
Plus I would rather own my own pool in my back yard and join a gym to meet diff people other than seeing the same people from my community daily

Old 04-12-2013, 11:48 AM

233 posts, read 258,093 times
I don't get it. Did you not expect other people within a community to use those features? I think your expecations were just a little off.

Old 04-13-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
Sorry if this sounds rude...but you bought into a Master Planned COMMUNITY...with lots of COMMUNITY amenities...and now you are upset that the COMMUNITY is using them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAZ View Post
I don't get it. Did you not expect other people within a community to use those features? I think your expecations were just a little off.
Nope. Just warning future buyers that buy into *NEW* masterplans in the beginning stages that the amenities will be different in a few years when more homes go up.

Old 04-13-2013, 04:40 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,224,111 times
We live in a community with a community pool and exercise room. The problem with the pool is the idiot residents make duplicate keys and give them out to friends and the pool is full of non residents using our pool. We changed the keys a couple months ago hoping this would help but non community residents are being caught in the pool again. So I'm paying every month for a pool that I don't use and residents outside our community are enjoying. Pisses me off every time I think about it.

People are idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area